Author Topic: Manchin denounces 'historic failure of leadership' after Fitch credit downgrade  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin denounces 'historic failure of leadership' after Fitch credit downgrade
David Sivak

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) called on Washington to get its fiscal house in order after Fitch lowered the country's credit rating, a "stark warning" that he said "cannot be ignored."

Citing an "erosion of governance," Fitch downgraded the rating from AAA to AA+ on Tuesday, the first time a credit agency has taken such a step since 2011. The downgrade, both then and now, followed a bitter fight and last-minute resolution to a standoff over the country's debt ceiling.

The announcement revived a familiar blame game by party leaders, with Democrats faulting Republicans' insistence on budget cuts and the GOP denouncing the trillions in new spending approved under the Biden administration. Former President Donald Trump, too, faced blame after Fitch cited the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol as a factor in its decision-making.

Manchin, a centrist Democrat from West Virginia, however, called the downgrade a "historic failure of leadership by both political parties and the Executive branch."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/manchin-historic-failure-leadership-fitch-credit-downgrade
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Manchin, a centrist Democrat from West Virginia, however, called the downgrade a "historic failure of leadership by both political parties and the Executive branch."

He is right about that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Joe, what are you doing to fix it?

////00000////

Issue a sternly worded press release?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Ya think?!?