Author Topic: Anything Democrats Don't Like Is Now A "Threat To Democracy"  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anything Democrats Don't Like Is Now A "Threat To Democracy"
« on: August 03, 2023, 02:42:30 pm »
Anything Democrats Don't Like Is Now A
"Threat To Democracy"
Issues & Insights, by Editorial Board

When a handful of Democrats introduced a bill to impose a progressive wealth tax on millionaires and billionaires, they didn’t just say that income inequality was bad. They called it a threat to democracy. Apparently, anything and everything the left doesn’t like is now a threat to democracy.

Reps. Rashida Tlaib, Barbara Lee, Summer Lee, and Jamaal Bowman – four of the most far-left lawmakers in Congress – introduced the OLIGARCH Act (we won’t bother spelling out the acronym) to “tax extreme wealth, reduce inequality, and combat the threat to democracy posed by billionaires.”

“The bill ensures accountability and is an effort to restore democracy,” the press release states.

Tlaib says “billionaires are threatening our democracy.” Not to be outdone, Barbara Lee calls them a “major threat to democracy.”

How exactly do the rich threaten Democracy?

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2023/08/03/anything-democrats-dont-like-is-now-a-threat-to-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Anything Democrats Don't Like Is Now A "Threat To Democracy"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 02:52:25 pm »
The biggest threats to "Democracy" are the long-serving Congressional power-brokers.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 03:30:03 pm »
Most of it can be chalked up to laziness.  They cannot articulate a defense of their position, so they trot out their favorite slogan.  Some of them do value the "mob rule" aspect of democracy, as constitutional republics tend to get in the way of their ideas.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 03:32:20 pm »
To hell with a "Democracy"! I want my REPUBLIC back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien