Author Topic: IRS says new paperless processing initiative will allow for faster refunds  (Read 303 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IRS says new paperless processing initiative will allow for faster refunds
Breck Dumas

The Internal Revenue Service is looking to go paperless.

The federal tax collection agency announced plans Wednesday to allow taxpayers to submit correspondence and non-tax forms online starting next tax season and to file all returns digitally by the 2025 filing season in a paperless initiative it says will ramp up efficiency, accuracy, and enable Americans to receive their tax refunds sooner.

Taxpayers are currently able to submit annual 1040 tax returns digitally, but beyond that, nearly all correspondence with the IRS must be done through regular mail.

The IRS says its new paperless initiative will save up to 200 million pieces of paper a year, slash processing times by half and cut the amount of time it takes to receive refunds by "several weeks." The agency says it estimates the moves will mean more than 94% of taxpayers will never again need to send mail to the IRS.

Starting in the 2024 filing season, taxpayers will be given the option to submit all correspondence including responses to notices online, and 20 additional tax forms will be available for e-filing in a mobile-friendly format.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/irs-says-new-paperless-processing-initiative-allow-faster-refunds
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I do not like paperless filing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The IRS is more interested in collecting money than refunding it.  I'm still waiting for my 2022 (TY 2021) tax return.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

The IRS is more interested in collecting money than refunding it.  I'm still waiting for my 2022 (TY 2021) tax return.

When did you file the return?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've stuck with sending in paper forms to this point (even though I now prepare them on the computer using a pdf form).

Guess I'm gonna be doing that until the end.