General Category > Crime And Punishment

Woman, 87, fights off home invader then feeds him ‘peanut butter and crackers’

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kamaji:

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on August 03, 2023, 01:55:54 pm ---A rotary phone, peanut butter and crackers - a woman after my own heart. God bless her!

--- End quote ---

And if she were on a party line it would be a trifecta.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on August 03, 2023, 11:45:25 pm ---And if she were on a party line it would be a trifecta.

--- End quote ---

Back in the day, we evidently were rich enough to not have a party line.  But we sure did miss out on a bunch of entertainment if'n we would have had one!

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on August 04, 2023, 12:30:27 am ---Back in the day, we evidently were rich enough to not have a party line.  But we sure did miss out on a bunch of entertainment if'n we would have had one!

--- End quote ---

We were on a party line when we lived in NW Colorado when I was in high school. People in the town made a fair chunk of change guiding out of state hunters. I picked up the phone one day and a guy was talking to his wife. He said I shot a cow today. She said I thought you went elk hunting?  I couldn't stop from laughing out loud.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on August 04, 2023, 12:43:41 am ---We were on a party line when we lived in NW Colorado when I was in high school. People in the town made a fair chunk of change guiding out of state hunters. I picked up the phone one day and a guy was talking to his wife. He said I shot a cow today. She said I thought you went elk hunting?  I couldn't stop from laughing out loud.

--- End quote ---

Well, in small town midwestern usa all we heard was gossip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version