Author Topic: Woman, 87, fights off home invader then feeds him ‘peanut butter and crackers’  (Read 762 times)

Offline Kamaji

Woman, 87, fights off home invader then feeds him ‘peanut butter and crackers’ in kitchen

By Allie Griffin
August 3, 2023

An 87-year-old retired teacher in Maine fought off a home invader — then fed him snacks in her kitchen before calling police last week, according to local reports.

Marjorie Perkins was asleep in bed in her Brunswick home when she was awoken at 2 a.m. to the terrifying sight of a person looming above her.

“I woke up to see a male standing over me by my bed, telling me he was going to cut me,” Perkins told News Center Maine.

The quick-thinking woman, who lives alone, said she quickly got out of bed and put on shoes to be ready to defend herself.

“I thought to myself, ‘If he’s going to cut, I’m going to kick.’ So I jumped into my shoes,” she told the Times Record.

“He said he was awfully hungry and hadn’t had anything to eat for quite a while,” she told the newspaper. “And I said, ‘Well, here’s a box of peanut butter and honey crackers. You can have that whole box.’ I gave him two containers of Ensure and I gave him two tangerines.”

While the intruder snacked in her kitchen, Perskins dialed 911 on her rotary phone “as fast as [she] could,” she said.

The teenager left before cops arrived, but a police dog was able to track him down a few blocks away, where he was staying.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/maine-woman-marjorie-perkins-fights-off-home-invader-feeds-him-peanut-butter-and-crackers-in-kitchen/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.

Probably one of the original AT&T phones.

Offline mountaineer

A rotary phone, peanut butter and crackers - a woman after my own heart. God bless her!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.
The teen probably hadn't a clue she was calling the police, having never seen a rotary phone or heard the sound of one being dialed in his life :silly: :silly:

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A rotary phone, peanut butter and crackers - a woman after my own heart. God bless her!

And if she were on a party line it would be a trifecta.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And if she were on a party line it would be a trifecta.

Back in the day, we evidently were rich enough to not have a party line.  But we sure did miss out on a bunch of entertainment if'n we would have had one!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Back in the day, we evidently were rich enough to not have a party line.  But we sure did miss out on a bunch of entertainment if'n we would have had one!

We were on a party line when we lived in NW Colorado when I was in high school. People in the town made a fair chunk of change guiding out of state hunters. I picked up the phone one day and a guy was talking to his wife. He said I shot a cow today. She said I thought you went elk hunting?  I couldn't stop from laughing out loud.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

We were on a party line when we lived in NW Colorado when I was in high school. People in the town made a fair chunk of change guiding out of state hunters. I picked up the phone one day and a guy was talking to his wife. He said I shot a cow today. She said I thought you went elk hunting?  I couldn't stop from laughing out loud.

Well, in small town midwestern usa all we heard was gossip.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I was in the Army before I got a phone that wasn't on a party line. Most of the time, eight parties.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

I was in the Army before I got a phone that wasn't on a party line. Most of the time, eight parties.

8?  man that is huge.   4 was max in our burg.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
8?  man that is huge.   4 was max in our burg.

I was raised very far out in the stick and there is a river between us and town.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

I was raised very far out in the sticks and there is a river between us and town.

Nice.  Jerimiah Johnson

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nice.  Jerimiah Johnson

No, but pretty darn close at times.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

No, but pretty darn close at times.

That ain't a bad thing Brother.  Not a bad thing at all.

Offline Polly Ticks

Wow, Marjorie looks really good for 87.  And she obviously still has all her wits about her.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That ain't a bad thing Brother.  Not a bad thing at all.

I loved every minute of it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien