Author Topic: 3,000-year-old meteorite found by lake was used as ‘extraterrestrial’ weapon  (Read 577 times)

Offline Kamaji

3,000-year-old meteorite found by lake was used as ‘extraterrestrial’ weapon: scientists

By Ben Cost
August 2, 2023

Ancient warriors were using asteroids to gain an edge in battle.

Aliens might not have built the ancient pyramids — but ancient humans apparently employed alien weaponry: Researchers have discovered that a 3,000-year-old arrowhead found in Switzerland was actually comprised of meteorite, proving that “extraterrestrial weapons” aren’t just relegated to science fiction flicks.

“A single object made of meteoritic iron has been identified,” authors wrote in the study, which is slated to be published in the September edition of the Journal of Archaeological Science.

While tools comprised of space rocks have been discovered before, they are extremely rare. This is only the third ever meteor-based artifact to be discovered in Central and Western Europe, according to the archaeological researchers.

The extraterrestrial projectile, which dated back to the Bronze Age (800-900 BCE), was one of several arrowheads reportedly uncovered by archaeologists in the 19th century at the Mörigen archaeological site, situated at the Lake of Biel.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/02/3000-year-old-meteor-actually-alien-arrowhead/

Offline Kamaji

We found a steel arrowhead on one of these local large ranches.  They used what they had.

Well, if they surmised that it had fallen from the sky, then they might have treated it as a gift from the gods with special power, so an arrowhead made from a meteorite might have held a special place.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well, if they surmised that it had fallen from the sky, then they might have treated it as a gift from the gods with special power, so an arrowhead made from a meteorite might have held a special place.

You could even start a religion about it and march around it in veneration.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

You could even start a religion about it and march around it in veneration.

Yes, one could.  Or incorporate it into an existing religion as a religious object to be worshipped.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yes, one could.  Or incorporate it into an existing religion as a religious object to be worshipped.

The Black Stone (Arabic: ٱلْحَجَرُ ٱلْأَسْوَد, al-Ḥajaru al-Aswad, 'Black Stone') is a rock set into the eastern corner of the Kaaba, the ancient building in the center of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It is revered by Muslims as an Islamic relic which, according to Muslim tradition, dates back to the time of Adam and Eve.[1]

The stone was venerated at the Kaaba in pre-Islamic pagan times. According to Islamic tradition, it was set intact into the Kaaba's wall by the Islamic prophet Muhammad in 605 CE, five years before his first revelation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley