Author Topic: China investing millions in U.S. K-12 schools  (Read 439 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China investing millions in U.S. K-12 schools
« on: August 02, 2023, 04:18:39 pm »
China investing millions in U.S. K-12 schools
JAZZ SHAW 11:21 AM on August 02, 2023

We recently looked at the mysterious case of a company that has been buying up hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland near American Air Force bases. They claim to not have any ties to China, but it certainly seems as if they might. Meanwhile, other known Chinese entities have similarly been buying land all across the country. But China has been engaged in more than real estate deals in the United States. A new report from a parents’ group reveals that Beijing has been investing heavily in American schools. Titled “Little Red Classrooms,” the report finds that China has pumped more than 17 million dollars into various K-12 schools in 34 states and even in Washington, D.C. And many of these schools are similarly located close to military bases. What exactly is going on here? (PJ Media)

A group called “Parents Defending Education” has released a scathing report called “Little Red Classrooms: China’s Infiltration of American K-12 Schools,” which details how China is funding various schools in the U.S., many of them near military bases.

The report claims China has funneled $17,967,565.12 to 134 schools, located in 34 states and D.C., from 2009-2023. Some of the contracts have expired, but CCP cash still flows.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/08/02/china-investing-millions-in-u-s-k-12-schools-n568647
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: China investing millions in U.S. K-12 schools
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 04:19:27 pm »
Its probably money Biden slipped them. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 04:22:18 pm »
In the world of covert operations, we have been welding a knife to a gunfight with the Chicoms  for decades.

Enough is freaking enough.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 05:10:39 pm »
Public school student outnumber private school students by ~10:1. Public schools are not entities into which one could invest, and the curricula in most/all states are state approved (i.e. outside influence on curriculum is minimal). OTOH, even if China has "invested" in every private school, they are reaching ~9% of students in the US; $17M would be a drop in the bucket, so it would buy little or no influence. And of course Christian, Jewish, and Islamic schools aren't likely to accept "investment" from China.

All in all, this article is Himalayanizing a tiny anthill. As for private schools or after-school supplementary instruction that features Chinese language, there are very distinct differences between the accents common in Taiwan and that/those of mainland China academia. Taiwanese parents would recognize a mainland accent and might be wary because of it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 05:23:20 pm »
Public school student outnumber private school students by ~10:1. Public schools are not entities into which one could invest, and the curricula in most/all states are state approved (i.e. outside influence on curriculum is minimal). OTOH, even if China has "invested" in every private school, they are reaching ~9% of students in the US; $17M would be a drop in the bucket, so it would buy little or no influence. And of course Christian, Jewish, and Islamic schools aren't likely to accept "investment" from China.

All in all, this article is Himalayanizing a tiny anthill. As for private schools or after-school supplementary instruction that features Chinese language, there are very distinct differences between the accents common in Taiwan and that/those of mainland China academia. Taiwanese parents would recognize a mainland accent and might be wary because of it.

Perhaps it may be a drop in the bucket now, but once the have immersed themselves into our public school system, then what.

We cannot overlook the liberalization and indoctrination of our children that has been going on for decades and as a result what we are seeing now with gays, abortions, defund police, riots, etc., are a result.  They have no respect for patriotism nor our Constitution. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 05:24:45 pm »

It's not quite as simple as that.  From the article itself:

The affected schools are scattered all over the country. Locations include Seattle and Tusla, Oklahoma, with others in Texas, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Oregon. Many are situated close to as many as 20 military bases. Thomas Jefferson High School in Falls Church, Va. received nearly $1 million over the past decade.

This is all being done through a Chinese program called “Confucius Classrooms,” operated by Confucius Institutes. But we shouldn’t be deceived into thinking that Beijing is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts or simply to “help the children.” China has no interest in democracy but they’ve learned a lot about capitalism in the past few decades. They don’t give away money without the expectation of getting something in return.

The courses they pay for ostensibly teach students about “Chinese language and culture.” Of course, they paint China in the most positive light possible. The students are unlikely to hear anything about genocide against the Uyghurs or citizens disappearing into forced labor camps if they express unapproved opinions. The program is part of China’s global Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), which seeks to expand China’s technological and business influence around the world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 07:28:57 pm »
I don't "Get" this.

Public schools  are SUPPOSED to be funded solely  but public money coming from taxes.

HOW can it be legal for a foreign power to invest in America public schools?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 07:31:21 pm »
I don't "Get" this.

Public schools  are SUPPOSED to be funded solely  but public money coming from taxes.

HOW can it be legal for a foreign power to invest in America public schools?

My guess? .....   Shell endowment money. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 08:04:44 pm »
My guess? .....   Shell endowment money.

@catfish1957

I know that colleges get endowment money all the time,but I have never heard of an elementary school or high school getting it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 08:09:56 pm »

@catfish1957

I know that colleges get endowment money all the time,but I have never heard of an elementary school or high school getting it.

My company had a vounteer program that if we did 20 hours a quarter, they'd donate $500 (per quarter) to that charity.  All schools (that I know of) applied for funds.  Including our kid's school.