Author Topic: Zumwalt makes an about-face back to San Diego for ‘maintenance’  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Zumwalt makes an about-face back to San Diego for ‘maintenance’
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Aug 1, 05:25 PM

The guided-missile destroyer Zumwalt made a quick turnaround to its home port in San Diego last week, just a day after getting underway, stymied by an undisclosed maintenance issue.

“We expect the ship to resume its transit in the near future,” Cmdr. Arlo Abrahamson, a spokesperson for the Naval Surface Force, said in a statement to Navy Times. The destroyer, commissioned in 2016, left port Thursday only to return Friday.

The Zumwalt was heading to its new home port of Pascagoula, Mississippi, where Abrahamson said it will get “technology upgrades” including the Navy’s Conventional Prompt Strike hypersonic missile system.

“The upgrades will ensure Zumwalt remains one of the most technologically advanced and lethal ships in the U.S. Navy,” the spokesman said, while refusing to reveal details of the technical snafu that turned it around.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/08/01/zumwalt-makes-an-about-face-back-to-san-diego-for-maintenance/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Zumwalt makes an about-face back to San Diego for ‘maintenance’
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 01:30:07 pm »
Another "work" in progress, so to speak? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson