Author Topic: New Army XM-17 Handgun Arrives With Advanced Fire Control, Grip & Magazine  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Army XM-17 Handgun Arrives With Advanced Fire Control, Grip & Magazine
The MHS program is an extensive effort to develop a future replacement for the Army’s M9 Beretta and SIG Sauer M11.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONJUL 23, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

After years of testing, development, and collaborative work with the Air Force, the Army chose SIG SAUER’s large M17 and combat M18 (also known as the X-17 and X-18) to be its Army Modular Handgun System.

The MHS program, in development for many years, was an extensive effort to develop a future replacement for the Army’s M9 Beretta and SIG Sauer M11.

The new weapons were identified as “modular” by design, meaning they were built to be adjusted and upgraded as needed over time. For example, the guns were configured to receive suppressors as adaptations moving into future development.

https://warriormaven.com/land/new-army-xm-17-handgun-arrives-with-advanced-fire-control-grip-magazine
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson