Author Topic: Driver, uncle charged in smuggling event that left 9 injured  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Driver, uncle charged in smuggling event that left 9 injured
« on: August 02, 2023, 11:01:21 am »
Driver, uncle charged in smuggling event that left 9 injured
Border Patrol spots two-vehicle caravan in Santa Teresa; one operator stops, the other goes on to strike two cars

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Aug 1, 2023 / 06:51 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 1, 2023 / 11:51 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Investigators are asking a federal judge to hold a man and his nephew without bond in connection with an early Monday three-vehicle crash that sent nine people to the hospital, including six migrants.

According to court documents, U.S. Border Patrol agents spotted a two-vehicle caravan in an area known for migrant smuggling shortly after midnight. The agents got behind the vehicles as they drove along Strauss Road in Santa Teresa, New Mexico.

The two vehicles turned onto Pete Domenici Highway and that’s when border agents attempted a stop. Court documents show that Andres Soriano complied and pulled into the parking lot of Love’s Travel Shop. The driver of the other vehicle, identified as David Alexis Bojorquez, allegedly disregarded Border Patrol vehicles’ flashing lights and sirens and crossed the Texas state line at Artcraft Road in El Paso, the documents allege.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/driver-uncle-charged-in-smuggling-event-that-left-9-injured/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Driver, uncle charged in smuggling event that left 9 injured
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:24:30 am »
He told agents he would be paid $500 for each migrant and that he was “sorry for the injuries he caused,” court documents state.

Well,as long as he is sorry,that's all that counts,right?

Let's see,he ratted out a Mexican crime syndicate for smuggling,as well as ratted out his own nephew,who is now also facing multiple felony charges.

The simple solution might be to let him out on parole.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:56:17 pm »

The simple solution might be to let him out on parole.

In Mejico!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 12:59:28 pm »
In Mejico!

@rangerrebew

Yup,it would be a money-saver as well as a time-saver.

Let the Mexicans take out there own trash.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 04:41:35 pm »

Let the Mexicans take out there own trash.

You're not being fair to trash!
Thomas Jefferson