Author Topic: Op-Ed: One Simple Energy Question Devastates 'Net-Zero' Pipe Dreams  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Op-Ed: One Simple Energy Question Devastates 'Net-Zero' Pipe Dreams

By Steve Goreham
  July 31, 2023 at 6:00am
Which is more environmentally friendly — an energy source that uses one unit of land to produce one unit of electricity, or a source that uses 100 units of land to produce one unit of electricity?

The answer should be obvious.

Nevertheless, “green” energy advocates call for a huge expansion of wind, solar and other renewables that use vast amounts of land to replace traditional power plants that use comparatively small amounts of land.

Vaclav Smil, professor emeritus at the University of Manitoba in Canada, extensively analyzed the power density of alternative sources used to generate electricity. He defined power density as the average flow of electricity generated per square meter of horizontal surface (land or sea area).

https://www.westernjournal.com/op-ed-one-simple-energy-question-devastates-net-zero-pipe-dreams/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson