Author Topic: MSNBC’s Patel on COVID Uptick: Time to Bring Out Masks  (Read 671 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Patel on COVID Uptick: Time to Bring Out Masks
« on: August 02, 2023, 12:15:03 am »
MSNBC’s Patel on COVID Uptick: Time to Bring Out Masks

Pam Key 1 Aug 2023

Former Obama official, MSNBC medical contributor Dr. Kavita Patel said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that a rise in COVID cases meant it was time to bring out masks.

Partial transcript as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: If you’ve noticed more of your friends, neighbors, loved ones are testing positive for COVID, you’re not alone. According to the CDC, COVID-19 hospitalizations are up 12 percent from last week and while we’re nowhere near previous levels, it’s still raising concerns.

Joining us now with more is Dr. Kavita Patel who served as a White House policy director in the Obama Administration. She is an MSNBC medical contributor. Dr. Patel, it’s always great seeing you. So, I think we’ve, kind of, all been noticing that right, there’s somebody you know or people are, you know, think they have a cold and it ends up being COVID. What’s going on? What are you seeing?

PATEL: Well, we’re seeing the same thing, José, in clinic. We are, as you said, hospitalizations are going up. Let me start with good news. We are not seeing anywhere near the dramatic rises that we saw in previous summers or previous years, that’s good news. That’s because a large part of the population has either been infected and vaccinated or both several times.

So, what I think people need to know is that, I would just keep people on alert, that when you’re in those crowded spaces, think about the cost of colds and sometimes many people don’t have any symptoms, a mask can be your best friend, keep it—back in time we had them in our pockets, in our coats and our backpacks, time to bring them out again, especially as the school season starts. We don’t want to see kids missing school for things we could have prevented.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/01/msnbcs-patel-on-covid-uptick-time-to-bring-out-masks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: MSNBC’s Patel on COVID Uptick: Time to Bring Out Masks
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 12:18:32 am »
No.

To each his own, but no.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:38:05 am »
No.

To each his own, but no.

No.  No masks. Hand sanitizer and washing hands, just as usual
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 01:35:17 am »
I hadn't noticed anyone being diagnosed with Covid.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 01:40:09 am »
:facepalm2:

Not this stupid sh*t again.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 04:52:49 pm »
Hokay, I've posted this link to Covid cases and deaths stats, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ , 50 billion times ( yogi555 ). I have a simple question. Looking at the daily new cases and deaths charts, What "COVID Uptick"?!

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 05:25:55 pm »
Once again… playing on Americans’ fears in yet another attempt to control our actions and movements.  And voila… it’ll come to a crescendo next year just in time to mandate mail-in voting.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 06:16:36 pm »
MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports”

Makes me miss good ole Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardinal from  WBHZ (Channel 83).
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 07:47:53 pm »
DIAZ-BALART: If you’ve noticed more of your friends, neighbors, loved ones are testing positive for COVID, you’re not alone. ...

My daughter had a coworker test positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago. As she had been having some health stuff around the same time, she did a Covid test. It was negative.

My company emails alerts to people in buildings in which an employee had tested positive for Covid. There are two levels of alerts: those who had been around the Covid-positive person are instructed to take a company-provided test and act according to the test results; others in the building who had not been near the Covid-positive person who should be alert for possible symptoms. I haven't seen any email alerts in months.

Not listening to Wolf-Criers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 07:49:36 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 08:07:15 pm »
Makes me miss good ole Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardinal from  WBHZ (Channel 83).

What do you mean there is no more money left to be made in UHF stations?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 09:53:46 pm »
Some friends of ours visited Ireland in early April. Apparently, there was a sick person on their flight, because they came down with Covid.

Surprisingly, they survived.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org