Author Topic: The US Government Has Borrowed Over $1 Trillion Since the Debt Ceiling Deal  (Read 397 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
AUGUST 1, 2023  BY MICHAEL MAHARREY   

There’s a big problem that pretty much everybody is ignoring.

In just two months since Congress reached a deal and suspended the debt ceiling for two years, the national debt has surged by a staggering $1.2 trillion.

Within a week of the debt ceiling suspension, the national debt cracked $32 trillion and as of July 28, it stood at $32.66 trillion.

I warned that we would see a big jump in the national debt with the passage of any debt ceiling deal. After nearly six months up against its borrowing limit, the federal government had some ground to make up. It needed to replenish cash reserves and unwind the extraordinary measures it took to keep the government running while it couldn’t borrow any money. But the pace of borrowing even surprises me.

Meanwhile, the US government continues to run massive deficits month after month. With three months left, the fiscal 2023 budget deficit had already eclipsed the massive 2022 shortfall.

Now, you might be thinking that with the spending cuts in the [misnamed] Fiscal Responsibility Act, Congress fixed this problem. But we live in an upside-down world where spending cuts mean spending still increases.

Even if Congress and the president manage to stick to the plan, the so-called spending cuts will not put a dent in actual total spending. That means we can expect massive deficits to continue month after month. And it’s only a matter of time before Congress and the Biden administration abandon the pretense of spending cuts to address the next crisis.

https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news/the-us-government-has-borrowed-over-1-trillion-since-the-debt-ceiling-deal/

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Let's Go Brandon!   FJB!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This has got to stop!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
And just like that no one is talking about the US losing its AAA debt rating 

Bidenomics!
8:36 AM · Aug 2, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@bigheadfred   @libertybele @LMAO @mountaineer

Here is a BIG "what if?" for ya.

What if the big international banks just refused to lend money to the US after the next election,and started demanding big payments on what is already  owed before they will lend more?

Who says losing a war is the only  way  a nation can be defeated?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!