Author Topic: Phoenix ends 31-day streak of highs at or above 110 degrees  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Kamaji

Phoenix ends 31-day streak of highs at or above 110 degrees
« on: August 01, 2023, 05:37:16 pm »
Phoenix ends 31-day streak of highs at or above 110 degrees as rains ease a Southwest heat wave

By Associated Press
August 1, 2023

A record string of daily highs over 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43.3 degrees Celsius) in Phoenix ended Monday as the dangerous heat wave that suffocated the Southwest throughout July receded slightly with cooling monsoon rains.

The historic heat began blasting the region in June, stretching from Texas across New Mexico and Arizona and into California’s desert. Phoenix and its suburbs sweltered more and longer than most, with several records including the 31 consecutive days of 110 degrees Fahrenheit-plus (43.4 degrees Celsius) weather. The previous record was 18 straight days, set in 1974.

The streak was finally broken Monday, when the high topped out at 108 degrees Fahrenheit (42.2 Celsius) at 3:10 p.m.

“The high temperature for Phoenix today is 108 degrees,” Jessica Leffel, meteorologist for the National Weather Service, said at 5 p.m.

“The record streak of 31 straight days of 110+ degree temperatures has ended.,” the weather service said on social media. “The high temperature at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport reached 108 degrees this afternoon, which is only 2 degrees above normal.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/01/phoenix-ends-record-31-day-streak-of-highs-at-or-above-110-degrees-as-rains-ease-a-southwest-heat-wave/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Phoenix ends 31-day streak of highs at or above 110 degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 06:47:27 pm »
Historic? On June 28, 1972 the high temp in Phoenix was 114 F. Maybe in the 150 years or so (very possibly less) of temp records for Phoenix, 31 days in a row is a record, but it's pretty much certainly a reflection of the brevity of records. Warmistas never speak of the three highly relevant asterisks to all of their claims:

* Temperature records of truly worldwide scope go back 50-100 years, with gaps due to wars and conflicts; temperature records for most parts of the Us (and many other countries) only go back150-200 years, if that long.

* Thermometers with useful scales  and some degree of precision were invented in the 18th Century.

* Temperature estimates from proxies are far from precise and using these estimates to predict temperature changes of tenths of a degree per decade or century is laughably absurd.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 04:44:18 am »
May was one of the coolest on record and June wasn't so bad either. 

As for July.....it never got close to the 122 degrees from 1974 (what ?  1/2 century ago ????).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 04:19:55 pm »
May was one of the coolest on record and June wasn't so bad either. 

As for July.....it never got close to the 122 degrees from 1974 (what ?  1/2 century ago ????).

In Bullhead, we had a couple of days over 120, but that is normal for us, being hotter than Phoenix.  Phoenix is in the Sonoran Desert, while we're in the Mojave Desert.

I agree, May and June were very kind to us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 04:23:30 pm »
In Bullhead, we had a couple of days over 120, but that is normal for us, being hotter than Phoenix.  Phoenix is in the Sonoran Desert, while we're in the Mojave Desert.

Well, if you are used to those temps, not so bad I suppose??  No humidity though correct?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 04:27:06 pm »

Same here in FL.  But we know when that happens there will be payback in July-Sept. with the heat. 

When the climate cult tires of the hyping the heat they will transition to "above normal" Hurricane strengths and frequency.  Which they are now blaming on DeSantis policies. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 04:30:38 pm »
Well, if you are used to those temps, not so bad I suppose??  No humidity though correct?

It got a bit humid the past week, as it tried to rain a little, but it is usually dry here, yes.  We have gotten more rain than last year, mostly in January and February.  Last year we had less than 2 inches of rain over the whole year, but we are presently over five this year.

Monsoons are due now.  The attempted rain last week lowered the highs to less than a hundred for a day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 04:34:40 pm »
Same here in FL.  But we know when that happens there will be payback in July-Sept. with the heat. 

When the climate cult tires of the hyping the heat they will transition to "above normal" Hurricane strengths and frequency.  Which they are now blaming on DeSantis policies.

I knew it was coming too.  I remarked about how late our first Century Temps are several times in the Lounge.  Almost July before we got the heat so I expected a brutal Summer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 04:36:42 pm »
   I figured your Monsoons would start last week when @Texas Robin left Mesa  :shrug:  Gotta say her respiratory problems cleared up in that Dry Heat@Cyber Liberty
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 04:39:27 pm »
   I figured your Monsoons would start last week when @Texas Robin left Mesa  :shrug:  Gotta say her respiratory problems cleared up in that Dry Heat@Cyber Liberty

It's back to dry here in the Mojave (and the temperature is going up again), but Phoenix got some good rain....
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 04:43:25 pm »
It has been a cooler,summer here with a wetter cooler spring preceding. 57 when I checked with a projected high of 81.

The farmer's almanac winter forecast is out calling for the Brrrr EVERYWHERE.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2023, 02:09:09 am »
The left wing media is a awash in AGW screeching over Phoenix.

The way they talk, we are spontaneously combusting on the streets.

It really annoys those I know on the left when I say......It's July in Phoenix...what do you expect.....?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2023, 02:10:04 am »
If it gets hotter and hotter for the next five years, I'll think they might have a case.

One 31 day period doesn't mean poop.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 02:37:23 pm »
"Monsoon Season" cometh! (Or is already there)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2023, 02:43:10 pm »
"Monsoon Season" cometh! (Or is already there)

Not yet, where I am....
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 12:31:08 am »
It does not matter. 

So it got hot. 

It's Phoenix in July.  A huge huge city with lots of concrete and fewer lawns (that cool).  50 years from the last so-called record.

Big freaking deal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2023, 01:24:52 am »
It does not matter. 

So it got hot. 

It's Phoenix in July.  A huge huge city with lots of concrete and fewer lawns (that cool).  50 years from the last so-called record.

Big freaking deal.

After a week or so of low 100s, we hit over 110 today.  It won't tomorrow.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 08:03:02 pm »
Now Hobbs springs into "action".

Never let a good fake crisis go to waste.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 09:10:15 pm »
Now Hobbs springs into "action".

Never let a good fake crisis go to waste.

The Declaration she issued about high temperatures was expired before she signed it.  It had expired 6/30/2023.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2023, 08:57:59 pm »
Hobbs is a moron.

It's Arizona in July/August.....it's freaking hot in the valley.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2023, 09:48:43 pm »
It's hot here in FL as well.  It's summertime.  It's not rocket science to step outside and decide whether it is hot or not.  As for these terms of 'feels like' temps or extreme heat they are all for the theatrics of climate change alarmist lunatics.

It's hot, cold or somewhere in between.  You'd think people aren't smart enough to acknowledge the difference.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.