Author Topic: Why do Environmental Activists Intentionally Inconvenience the Public?  (Read 518 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
August 1, 2023
Why do Environmental Activists Intentionally Inconvenience the Public?
By Trish Randall

Environmental, climate, and vegan activists make their headlines by interrupting the public’s movement and events. Lately, activists are gluing themselves to UK, European, and Australian pedestrian crossings, roads, and runways.

On Piers Morgan Uncensored, June 28, 2023, Just Stop Oil Activist Chloe Naldrett insisted disruptive actions are necessary because of “climate emergency.”

For today’s activists, an “action” means intentionally disrupting transportation or public festivities (sports events, theater productions, shopping, restaurant dining). I wonder how they’d react to the news that stopping traffic was originally conceived as a way to discredit, not communicate, an environmental message.

Decades ago, environmental activists didn’t inconvenience the public for attention. Banners were hung off buildings. Activists organized marches and gatherings, applying for permits to use public streets or parks. Groups printed and distributed leaflets, published magazines, and hired lobbyists. Even when environmental extremists spiked trees, endangering logger and sawmill workers, these sinister acts didn’t inconvenience the public.

Change began as the 1980s ended. By spring 1989, “stopping traffic” was morphing from a synonym for attracting public attention to a method (eventually the method) for demanding public attention.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/08/why_do_environmental_activists_intentionally_inconvenience_the_public.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why do Environmental Activists Intentionally Inconvenience the Public?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 10:54:46 pm »
Why?
Because they can get away with it, usually with no consequences to them at all.

When enough are dragged out of the street by their hair (as that courageous woman did in Germany), they may start having second thoughts.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why do Environmental Activists Intentionally Inconvenience the Public?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 11:45:00 pm »
Because they are not astute enough to realize that they are not only not winning anyone over to their cause, but in their tantrums are only invoking the ire of countless people who range from inconvenienced to in peril for their lives due to the childish actions of the 'protesters'.

Likely most are paid, some are 'true believers', and others just useful idiots, but let one life be lost because they are blocking traffic somewhere, and they might discover the paycheck just isn't worth it. (Don't try it in a small town).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis