Author Topic: Drag Queen Has Top Christian Song on iTunes  (Read 273 times)

Offline Kamaji

Drag Queen Has Top Christian Song on iTunes
« on: August 01, 2023, 12:07:53 pm »
Drag Queen Has Top Christian Song on iTunes

Todd Starnes
Jul 31, 2023

The top Christian album on iTunes is performed by a drag queen.

Flamy Grant, a man dressed like a woman, said he was overjoyed to learn that his debut album, "Bible Belt Baby," had charted No. 1 on iTunes.

Mr. Grant’s name is no doubt an homage to legendary Christian crooner Amy Grant. His debut album includes titles such as, “Esther, Ruth and Rahab,” “What Did you Drag Me Into?” and “Scratches.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all you need to know about the current state of affairs in the world of "Christian" music.

"Today, for the very first time, a drag queen has both the #1 single AND #1 album on the iTunes Christian charts," former Caedmon's Call singer Derek Webb wrote on social media. "If all the accomplishments in my career, being part of this is probably the thing i’m the most proud of. my dear friend Flamy Grant deserves every bit of this."

The album is described as "the world’s first contemporary Christian music record by a drag performer. With influences from gospel and blues to folk and rock, this Americana showcase shines a spotlight on queerness, faith, and overcoming the spiritual trauma so often endured by LGBTQ+ people and others who grow up in conservative religious spaces.”

Those who have followed the demise of the once-vibrant and Christ-centered Christian music world should not be surprised by the success of Flamy Grant. Many of the artists are using their platforms to advance a social justice gospel.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2023/07/31/drag-queen-has-top-christian-song-on-itunes-n2626438