Author Topic: Private school enrollment jumps 25 percent in Washington as exodus from public schools continues  (Read 552 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Private school enrollment jumps 25 percent in Washington as exodus from public schools continues

https://thepostmillennial.com/private-school-enrollment-jumps-25-percent-in-washington-as-exodus-from-public-schools-continues

Washington private schools saw a 25 percent jump in enrollment over the last three years and homeschooling saw a 42 percent increase as public school enrollment continued to fall.

According to the State Board of Education, in 2019-20, there were 65,270 students enrolled in K-12 private schools in the state. By 2022-23, that number had spiked to 81,434 students.

Additionally, the number of students that are homeschooled also increased from 20,844 in 2019-20 to 29,798 in 2022-23.

Pre-Covid both sectors - private campus schools and homeschooling were probably experiencing mild growth. Both have significant lifestyle implications. Then came Covid shutdown. At least a couple of things potentially happened. Courtesy of Zoom-schooling, parents saw what was being taught, how. Parents also had a significant involvement in overseeing their children's education and realized that they could do it - demystifying the process. It looks like one, the other, or both factors caused huge jumps in private campus schooling and homeschooling. I think these numbers are past the try-but-return-to-PS time period. I.E. these losses may be long-term.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Private school enrollment jumps 25 percent in Washington as exodus from public schools continues

https://thepostmillennial.com/private-school-enrollment-jumps-25-percent-in-washington-as-exodus-from-public-schools-continues

Pre-Covid both sectors - private campus schools and homeschooling were probably experiencing mild growth. Both have significant lifestyle implications. Then came Covid shutdown. At least a couple of things potentially happened. Courtesy of Zoom-schooling, parents saw what was being taught, how. Parents also had a significant involvement in overseeing their children's education and realized that they could do it - demystifying the process. It looks like one, the other, or both factors caused huge jumps in private campus schooling and homeschooling. I think these numbers are past the try-but-return-to-PS time period. I.E. these losses may be long-term.
How are you going to keep them down on the farm...

Once parents have had a taste of what is--and is NOT--quality education, all who can afford, either financially or time-wise to get a better education for their children are likely to do so.
I think you are right.
These losses to the PS system are going to be most likely permanent, unless the legal system manages to stuff ESG into the Private and Homeschool environment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Same thing is happening where I live.  People are leaving the public schools in droves.  There is no way in the world I'd let my kid go to a private school.

@Jack Russell
You would, or you wouldn't, send your kids to private school?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Same thing is happening where I live.  People are leaving the public schools in droves.  There is no way in the world I'd let my kid go to a private school.

There is no way in the world I'd let my kid go to a public school now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

@Jack Russell
You would, or you wouldn't, send your kids to private school?
It was early and I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.  I would not send my kids to PUBLIC school.

Online Kamaji

It was early and I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.  I would not send my kids to PUBLIC school.

:thumbsup: