Author Topic: Study finds what makes the perfect sandwich  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Kamaji

Study finds what makes the perfect sandwich
« on: July 31, 2023, 07:38:17 pm »

By SWNS
July 31, 2023

Two in three Americans (67%) said they could live on sandwiches alone for a full week, according to new research.

The perfect sandwich, according to a survey of 2,000 Americans, consists of tomato (54%), cheddar cheese (39%) and Black Forest ham (39%).

The survey also found that the average American craves a sandwich four times a week.

It seems that the best solution for your tastebuds and your wallet is a sandwich as 42% polled said they are actively looking for ways to cut down the cost of food, with sandwiches being a good money-saving option for 67% of respondents, according to a survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Buddig.

For favorite ingredients, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise and honey mustard topped the list, all at 58%. The least favorite was ranch (26%).

Regular ham, honey turkey, honey ham and Black Forest ham all rank equally as favored meat options (39%).

Following cheddar, Swiss cheese (36%) and American cheese (36%) were top choices. Respondents’ least favorite cheese was Gruyere (1%).

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/31/study-finds-what-makes-the-perfect-sandwich/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Study finds what makes the perfect sandwich
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 07:42:00 pm »
Bacon, beef, very sharp cheddar, mayo, on seeded rye bread...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:47:57 pm »

Um... That'd be...

A wife.

:bolt:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 07:49:58 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 07:52:06 pm »
The perfect sandwich, according to a survey of 2,000 Americans, consists of tomato (54%), cheddar cheese (39%) and Black Forest ham (39%).

Put it on some black Jewish rye bread and I'm in!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 08:09:29 pm »
Tomato is the number one answer?

Look, I like a good Black Forest ham and cheddar sammich as much as the next guy... but raw tomato... especially the kind available in most stores and foodservice... blech. Flavorless garbage with slimy, gross texture.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 08:23:16 pm »
Hot pastrami (or corned beef) piled high on rye bread with mustard, along with two full-sour Kosher pickles and a draft beer.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 08:27:01 pm »

Look, I like a good Black Forest ham and cheddar sammich as much as the next guy... but raw tomato... especially the kind available in most stores and foodservice... blech. Flavorless garbage with slimy, gross texture.

Couldn't agree more.
But fresh off the vine from a backyard garden ...  nothing better in this world.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 08:29:09 pm »

If ya can't get fresh tomatoes...Romas are pretty good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2023, 08:30:48 pm »
Couldn't agree more.
But fresh off the vine from a backyard garden ...  nothing better in this world.

:yowsa: That's why we are rarely without them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2023, 08:42:18 pm »
Back when I first married (17 yrs old) I worked at fried chicken place across from our apartment. I got to take whatever chicken was left home at the end of the day. That was our supper...it was free!! Or as a really big treat we'd walk to the Jack In The Box.

We would go to the grocery store for hubby's lunch. We would buy lots of lunchmeat, bread and cheese. Nothing else. One day an old man behind us was looking at our cart and made the comment...Well, son, she's real cute and I bet she makes a good sandwich. I still laugh over that.

But cheese makes a sandwich work. jmho

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 09:40:27 pm »
Um... That'd be...  A wife.
She's too busy ironing.

:whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2023, 10:42:06 pm »
She's too busy ironing.

:whistle:

Not around here, she ain't... There ain't even an iron in this house.   :shrug:
Though there probably would be if there was a woman here. But only because SHE bought the clothes that require the iron... And prolly made me wear them.

That said, I hold every esteem for

the maker of the home...
the maker of the children...
the maker of the garden...
The keeper of the hearth and the home...
the keeper of the children...
the keeper of traditions...
the keeper of the elders...

AND the maker of the perfect sammich. 
There is nothing more honorable.
Don't ever think it different.  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2023, 10:43:40 pm »
Couldn't agree more.
One of the reasons I even have a garden is fresh tomatoes.

Add mayo, salt and pepper, and you have a sandwich by itself.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2023, 10:46:53 pm »
Couldn't agree more.

The old man used to keep a saltshaker on the dashboard of his van... All his life - Long after farmer stands mostly went away. Many's the time we stopped... and he sent me for the salt... sitting on the bumper eating tomatoes, just me and him, is one of my fondest memories with him.

:beer:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2023, 11:07:22 pm »
Um... That'd be...

A wife.

\

Barefoot and preggers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2023, 11:31:06 pm »
Toasted buttered white bread, mayo, mustard, lettuce, vine ripe tomato, thin crispy bacon.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2023, 11:49:25 pm »
Roasted turkey, mayo, lettuce and mashed avocado on pumpernickel rye bread or on a sun-dried tomato wrap. I love tomatoes but they don't love me.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2023, 02:00:07 am »
I don't care which meat (no pork or seafood)... As long as you drag it through the garden and put it on good bread, I'm good.

Of course, preference tends to chewy crusted soft bread, hopefully grilled... peppers, hot honey mustard, Southwest habenero or pepperjack cheese... with whatever... you can't hardly mess that up

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2023, 02:02:17 am »
\

Barefoot and preggers.

Grandma at the table with the bounty she prepared... And while there is delicious bounty on the table, the true bounty is sitting around it.  :beer:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2023, 02:06:30 am »
The old man used to keep a saltshaker on the dashboard of his van... All his life - Long after farmer stands mostly went away. Many's the time we stopped... and he sent me for the salt... sitting on the bumper eating tomatoes, just me and him, is one of my fondest memories with him.

Hold the salt.  'Maters taste great straight.  :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2023, 02:06:48 am »
Grandma at the table with the bounty she prepared... And while there is delicious bounty on the table, the true bounty is sitting around it.  :beer:

Amen!

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2023, 02:12:14 am »
Sorry, but the best sandwich is not to be easily found on this side of the Pond.  The Coronation Chicken Sandwich, a staple in the U.K. since it was devised to celebrate the coronation of the late Elizabeth II, is simply wonderful.  And the really amazing thing about sandwiches over there is whether on a train or at a supermarket, there are a tremendous variety of premade sandwiches that are genuinely good -- Coronation Chicken on soft onion bread, simply tops the list.  Here in the U.S. a premade sandwich is a thing to be devoutly avoided, not so in Britain.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2023, 02:55:42 am »

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2023, 10:59:54 am »
  And the really amazing thing about sandwiches over there is whether on a train or at a supermarket, there are a tremendous variety of premade sandwiches that are genuinely good
Yes, we've saved a lot of money on meals while traveling by picking up sandwiches and beverages instead of going to restaurants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org