Author Topic: Army Advances Future Tank Weapons & War Concepts in New "War in 2040" Effort  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Advances Future Tank Weapons & War Concepts in New "War in 2040" Effort
Army Pursues a mix of manned and unmanned platforms designed to achieve deployability, lethality and survivability across a networked, highly maneuverable force
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONJUL 30, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Lighter, faster, expeditionary and lethal, networked, drone-controlling, potentially unmanned ...yet survivable and capable of heavy mechanized combat .. are a few seemingly contradictory attributes sought after by the Army as it explores and develops tanks for the future.

Finding the optimal balance between survivability, speed and deployability is not an easy task, yet the Army has been making progress for years working on this complex equation. Generally speaking, the approach seems triple pronged in a way, as it seems to include a continuation of heavy armor with massive upgrades and lighter weight materials, much lighter weight, deployable new platforms such as Mobile Protected Firepower and networked unmanned systems.

Much of the Army's work in recent years has involved the exploration of fast-deployable armored platforms likely to be  lighter, faster and engineered for new kinds of networking, maneuver formations and manned-unmanned teaming. This third trajectory, it could be posited, involves the extensive use and development of unmanned platforms or "optionally" unmanned platforms uniquely able to perform high-speed, high-risk missions in a faster, lighter, more survivable yet extremely lethal way.

https://warriormaven.com/land/robots-ai-heavy-armor-army-advances-future-tank-weapons-warfare-concepts-in-new-war-in-2040-effort
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson