Author Topic: Meet Trent Staggs, The Mayor Working To Primary Mitt Romney  (Read 190 times)

Offline Kamaji

Meet Trent Staggs, The Mayor Working To Primary Mitt Romney

BY: SAMUEL MANGOLD-LENETT
JULY 31, 2023

“I believe I can help bring Utah’s values and Utah lessons to Washington,” declared Mitt Romney in the launch of his 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate. “Let there be no question, I will fight for Utah.”

Predicated on a pledge of constituent representation, fiscal responsibility, and intellectual integrity, Romney was elected to the U.S. Senate and currently serves in the upper chamber as Utah’s junior senator.

There’s just one problem. The carpetbagging former governor of Massachusettes and 2012 Republican presidential nominee has routinely sold out the people whose values he pledged to faithfully represent and routinely capitulated to the Washington establishment’s consensus.

Routinely showing himself to be out of touch with the wishes of his constituents, Romney, nominally a conservative Republican, has so far voted with President Biden’s radical agenda nearly 60 percent of the time, long ago abandoning any semblance of fiscal or social conservatism. He also nearly sabotaged the reelection of his state’s senior senator, the stalwart conservative Mike Lee.

So what are Utahns to do?

Trent Staggs, the current mayor of Riverton, Utah, believes he has the answer: kick Mitt out of office.

Hoping to beat Romney in the upcoming Republican primary, Staggs is a first-time candidate for federal office who has already raked up considerable local support from Utah’s Fraternal Order of Police and a bevy of municipal officeholders.

Speaking with The Federalist, Staggs emphasized his focus on actually amplifying the concerns of Utahns in Congress’s upper chamber, positioning his candidacy as a holistic rebuttal to Romney’s initial pitch.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/31/meet-trent-staggs-the-mayor-working-to-primary-mitt-romney/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Meet Trent Staggs, The Mayor Working To Primary Mitt Romney
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 02:10:22 pm »
I hope Mayor Staggs wipes the floor with Mitt!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Re: Meet Trent Staggs, The Mayor Working To Primary Mitt Romney
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 02:10:53 pm »
I hope Mayor Staggs wipes the floor with Mitt!

:thumbsup: