Author Topic: Trump’s Campaign Is Drowning in Legal Fees: Can His Candidacy Survive?  (Read 596 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump’s Campaign Is Drowning in Legal Fees:  Can His Candidacy Survive?

By Jeff Charles
July 31, 2023

Former President Donald Trump’s legal woes are affecting his campaign in more ways than one. On the one hand, they have boosted his popularity among members of the conservative base, who see the wave of politically motivated indictments as a brazen attempt to use the legal system to influence the outcome of the upcoming presidential election. However, new reports show that these issues are making a significant dent in his campaign’s war chest.

So far, the political action committee supporting Trump’s bid for the White House has spent a considerable sum of money on legal fees:

Save America, the political action committee financing former President Trump’s 2024 presidential bid, spent over $40 million on legal fees in the first half of 2023. These expenses reflect the ballooning costs of defending the embattled former president as he faces a growing list of legal challenges.

The expenditures exceed what the campaign has spent elsewhere:

The first issue on the list is the strain this is undoubtedly placing on Trump’s campaign. These legal expenses are placing a heavy burden on the former president’s ability to run the race. The funds being allocated for legal battles are not being spent on campaign advertising, holding events, or other activities. As more indictments are imposed on the former president, this could further limit his campaigning if he is not able to raise enough money to cover these expenses.

Moreover, the notion that he is somehow grifting his supporters, whether right or wrong, might leave some folks with a bad taste in their mouths. While most might accept that their donations are going to battle the legal system, some might feel as if they have been deceived and stop donating. This could severely dampen his fundraising efforts.

Source:  https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/07/31/trumps-campaign-is-drowning-in-legal-fees-can-his-candidacy-survive-n785031

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Moreover, the notion that he is somehow grifting his supporters,

The notion?     Trump is the king of the Grifters.  He wrote the book on it.  "The Art of The Grift"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

The notion?     Trump is the king of the Grifters.  He wrote the book on it.  "The Art of The Grift"

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Is it better to have a leftist DOJ be able to force a candidate out of a race via unsustainable legal fees?  I'd rather not give them that power.

And - to put it mildly - I'm not exactly a fan of Trump.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 02:11:01 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

The 'Trump Campaign' has no legal fees.  Trump is the one with legal fees.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Feel so sorry for all of those Trump fans who have been duped.  Instead of being drawn into donations for a politcal agenda, they are being played for patsies footing Tumpy's legal fees.

We are seeing epic Grift that is groundbreaking in so many ways.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.