Author Topic: Trump team launching legal defense fund to help pay legal bills  (Read 474 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-team-launching-legal-defense-fund-pay-legal/story?id=101856623

Former President Donald Trump's team is launching a legal defense fund aimed at helping to handle the onslaught of legal bills the former president and his allies face as the investigations into him mount, sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News.

On Sunday, ABC News reported that a super PAC supporting Trump spent more than $40 million on legal costs in the first half of 2023 to defend Trump, his advisers and others, sources familiar with a filing detailing the costs told ABC.

The filing from the Save America PAC is expected to be released on Monday.

For now, the legal fund is not meant to cover Trump's own bills, the sources said.

The legal defense fund will be called the Patriot Legal Defense Fund Inc., the sources said. It is expected to be led by Michael Glassner, who has previously served in multiple senior roles on Trump's 2016 and 2020 campaigns.

Lynne Patton, who has been a close aide to Trump at both the Trump Organization and in Trump's administration, will also be involved in the fund.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online kevindavis007

Re: Trump team launching legal defense fund to help pay legal bills
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 12:27:56 pm »
I thought that Trump was a billionaire like Musk. Seriously if he is truly rich like he claimed, he doesn't need a legal defense fund. That is why I don't fear a third party run from Trump.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 03:30:43 pm »
Make him pay his own damn legal fees!

The flip  side of that,of course,is  that he gets to keep  any  damage fees in his counter-suit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 02:07:16 am »
As long as the PAC discloses up front that it is paying his legal fees, I don't have an issue with raising money for that.

I mean, if you buy the fact that this is politically motivated, and for the purpose of driving him out of the 2024 campaign, then helping to defend him on those cases is legitimate.

If the Democrats could force a candidate out of a race by making his legal defense unaffordable, they win. If it was a candidate I supported, and I thought that the prosecutions were politically motivated, I wouldn't have a problem contributing money to defend against them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 05:09:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 10:58:22 am »
As long as the PAC discloses up front that it is paying his legal fees, I don't have an issue with raising money for that.

Agree
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy