Author Topic: Green chemistry pioneers aim to change world  (Read 458 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green chemistry pioneers aim to change world
« on: July 31, 2023, 11:14:49 am »

25 July 2023

By Ellen Phiddian

The earth is currently plagued by a number of very vexing molecules: carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere, plastic polymers in the oceans, and hydrocarbons in our energy systems, to name a few.

Is there a unifying solution to all of this? Well, no, but for Dr John Warner and Professor Paul Anastas, pioneers of “green chemistry”, there is a way to make the right molecules in the first place.

So profound has this simple proposition been that it’s taken them from US universities to the White House, and from start-up companies to not-for-profits that are changing entire curricula. They were popular guests at the First Australian Conference on Green and Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, held in Cairns.

Warner and Anastas have spent much of the past three decades encouraging chemists to design products that avoid negative effects on the environment.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/science/chemistry/green-chemistry-warner-anastas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Green chemistry pioneers aim to change world
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 11:15:50 am »

And become filthy rich!! :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson