Author Topic: What's the most popular city to move to in the US? Chances are, it's in Florida  (Read 785 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Stay away.  We are full.  Florida needs to build a wall.

Tampa is the third-most popular city among homebuyers who are relocating nationwide, according to a new report by real estate listing company Redfin. Florida cities dominate the top ten, with five cities from the Sunshine State making the cut.

Redfin tracked more than 2 million people searching for new homes between April 2023 and June 2023. Those who looked at more than 10 homes, including one outside their city, were considered homebuyers who could relocate. The cities they searched in counted proportionally to the number of times they searched.

Homebuyers are still moving in record proportions, with more than 25% of Redfin users looking to move to a different city compared to approximately 15% five years ago.

On the list of most popular cities for net newcomers, (the number of people looking to come minus the number of people looking to leave), Las Vegas and Phoenix have the top two spots. But all top ten cities are located in places with warm climates, and Florida is a top contender.

Florida's population boom in recent years has made it the fastest growing state for the first time since 1957, according to the U.S. Census. On Redfin's list, Orlando was ranked No. 4 after Tampa, with North Port-Sarasota, Cape Coral and Miami also making the top ten.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/real-estate/2023/07/28/florida-cities-most-popular-for-relocating-real-estate/70484231007/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

How is this possible?

Trump has claimed Florida is  a failed state under conservative leadership. Why are these people moving to a failed state?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How is this possible?

Trump has claimed Florida is  a failed state under conservative leadership. Why are these people moving to a failed state?

He really needs to move.  I hear California is the place to be for people like Trump.  You know, liberals.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

He really needs to move.  I hear California is the place to be for people like Trump.  You know, liberals.

:silly:

Offline cato potatoe

No, he's working with his realtor Fani Willis.  She found him a condo with great security in Butts County.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Not interested in any city in Florida -- or anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line, for that matter.

Just too hot for me. I've been thinkin' of movin' north...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't care, so long as it isn't near me!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Unfortunately the article that I recently read said that we are getting an influx of people from Chicago, SanFran, New York, LA, and NJ.   9999hair out0000 They need to stay the heck away from here!! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.