Author Topic: The looming battle over pylons for green energy  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The looming battle over pylons for green energy
« on: July 31, 2023, 10:54:35 am »
The looming battle over pylons for green energy
JULY 31, 2023

By Paul Homewood

This one got through the BBC censors!

The Great Energy Transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy has numerous dimensions: jobs lost and others created, electric vehicles, biofuelled planes, scrapped gas boilers and triple glazing.

But to those who live in rural communities near the picturesque village of Beauly, it means pylons and cables in four directions, a vast new substation, and the "Beauly buzz" that keeps some awake at night.

They are at the crossroads of a vast network of infrastructure being planned to bring power from where it will be generated within a decade, and to funnel it through the central Highlands towards the homes, businesses, hospitals and schools to the south where most of the demand is
With a budget of £10bn, SSE Networks Transmission (SSEN) has a large share of more than £50bn that rewiring Britain is expected to cost. It is spending around two-thirds of its budget on sub-sea links, but it is the onshore links that are whipping up squalls of opposition.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/07/31/the-looming-battle-over-pylons-for-green-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson