Author Topic: 10 Things Electric Car Owners Keep Quiet About  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 Things Electric Car Owners Keep Quiet About
« on: July 31, 2023, 10:32:13 am »

10 Things Electric Car Owners Keep Quiet About
Story by Nathaniel Ehinger • Yesterday 10:00 AM

Towing can significantly reduce the driving range of an electric truck like the Rivian R1T, making long trips with a trailer less convenient than with a diesel-powered truck like the Ford F-150.

Replacing the battery in an electric vehicle can be extremely expensive, with costs ranging from $13,000 to $20,000 for Teslas, making it a significant long-term maintenance expense.

The public charging network for electric cars is limited compared to the number of gas stations available for traditional vehicles, which can make recharging on long road trips more challenging and time-consuming. However, the adoption of Tesla's Superchargers by other automakers and the standardization of EV charging systems could help expand the charging infrastructure.

Electric car owners boast loudly about the lower cost of refueling, the convenience of doing so at home, and the incredible acceleration offered in modern EVs. These are only a few qualities found in EVs that owners love to tell us about, but what do they keep to themselves?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-hybrids/10-things-electric-car-owners-keep-quiet-about/ar-AA1eybjG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4e5972a958574719a505d3bb45027f75&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson