Author Topic: Boy Scout Leaders Invite LGBTQ Advocates to Jamboree Camp  (Read 1464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boy Scout Leaders Invite LGBTQ Advocates to Jamboree Camp
« on: July 31, 2023, 01:23:19 am »
 :pondering:

Boy Scout Leaders Invite LGBTQ Advocates to Jamboree Camp

Neil Munro 30 Jul 2023

The Boy Scouts of America scouting organization is inviting “LGBTQ” advocacy at its national jamboree camp in West Virginia.

The advocacy was applauded by LGBTQ advocate Mike De Socio in the Washington Post. “There is value in the type of place it is becoming: one where any kid, of any race or gender or sexual orientation, feels at home,” De Socio wrote.

De Socio has campaigned for an official welcome for gays and lesbians, as well as transsexuals — dubbed “transgenders”– into the national organization. That demand contradicted the organization’s original purpose of redirecting and subsuming young men’s energy to help guide them through their turbulent adolescent years and puberty.

The current welcome for chaotic sexual diversity is being offered to teenagers as the scouting movement shrinks. There were just 15,000 scouts at the 2023 jamboree compared to 40,000 at the 2013 event.

The decline comes despite the welcoming policies, not because of them, De Socio insisted:

The meager attendance reflects the weather-beaten state of the Boy Scouts of America. Though its doors are now open to kids of all gender identities and sexual orientations, fewer than ever are accepting the invitation. The organization lost nearly half of its membership between 2019 and 2020. This national event represents one of its first steps out of a generational nadir brought about by the pandemic, a sexual abuse scandal and an ensuing bankruptcy.

The BSA had barely resolved its struggle over membership policies — fully admitting gay men in 2015 and trans boys in 2017, and then [girls] in 2018 — before facing an avalanche of sexual abuse claims.

…

But the turmoil had an upside. Scouts within the ranks seized the moment to press for a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. A collective dubbed “Scouts for Black Lives” successfully pushed the organization to commit to a slate of projects, including a new diversity merit badge required for Eagle Scout rank.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/30/boy-scout-leaders-invite-lgbtq-advocates-jamboree-camp/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Boy Scout Leaders Invite LGBTQ Advocates to Jamboree Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 01:55:45 am »
How to destroy a once valuable organization, in just a few easy steps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 02:11:35 am »
"including a new diversity merit badge required for Eagle Scout rank."

Well, that pretty much seals it.  It's not even about tolerance anymore, but active indoctrination.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 02:22:35 am »
Grooming, too. Don't object, boys, when your chiffon-wearing scoutmaster grabs your crotch. That wouldn't be diverse!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 02:55:54 am »
They might as well change their name - Boi Scouts
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 03:25:25 am »
Didn't the Boy Scouts pay out a hefty judgment because of gay scout masters preying on young boys for sex?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 04:10:34 am »
And this is why neither they or the Girl Scouts have gotten one single penny from me for years...nor will they. I guess they haven't paid out enough settlement money  yet, have they any assets  left to sell to pay for the next batch of lawsuits?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 04:13:28 am by GtHawk »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 04:28:39 am »
One of the most beautiful Scout resorts closeby, it was a joy to attend yearly... now owned by a fagot industry.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 11:15:54 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2023, 02:48:26 pm »
... A collective dubbed “Scouts for Black Lives” successfully pushed the organization to commit to a slate of projects, including a new diversity merit badge required for Eagle Scout rank.

*****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes***** I am so glad my son earned Eagle rank long before this ongoing travesty started. "Diversity" being an Eagle-required Merit Badge? Good Lord, how bleeping hard is it to teach teen boys to treat all people like people?!!! *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2023, 02:50:34 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes***** I am so glad my son earned Eagle rank long before this ongoing travesty started. "Diversity" being an Eagle-required Merit Badge? Good Lord, how bleeping hard is it to teach teen boys to treat all people like people?!!! *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 11:02:40 pm »
The merit badge apparently ended up being called Citizenship in Society, but reading the description it is basically the diversity merit badge. Very woke.

https://scoutsmarts.com/citizenship-in-society-merit-badge-guide/

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2023, 11:47:55 pm »
My older brother and I were a terrific merit badge team in the Scouts. Together we earned 45 merit badges. He got forty, and I got five.
He made Eagle Scout...I (as you might have gathered) didn't.  22222frying pan

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2023, 02:02:37 am »
Sounds like they've really put the "jam" in jamboree.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2023, 08:43:45 pm »
How to destroy a once valuable organization, in just a few easy steps.

Truth.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 04:22:00 am »
The merit badge apparently ended up being called Citizenship in Society, but reading the description it is basically the diversity merit badge. Very woke.

https://scoutsmarts.com/citizenship-in-society-merit-badge-guide/
Citizenship In Society...

CIS?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2023, 08:36:59 am »
Citizenship In Society...

CIS?

Good spot!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2023, 12:41:35 pm »
Two organizations I will recommend young people avoid at all costs:  (Boy and Girl) Scouting and the military.  Those organizations are far too woke and are now rife with active indoctrination toward (currently) homosexuality and (later) pedophilia.