Author Topic: Prof fired for teaching 'factual' science now takes action  (Read 395 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prof fired for teaching 'factual' science now takes action
« on: July 30, 2023, 04:57:57 pm »

Prof fired for teaching 'factual' science now takes action
'In two decades of teaching these basic, scientific concepts, no other students ever complained'
Bob Unruh   By Bob Unruh
Published July 30, 2023 at 11:25am

A college professor who was fired for teaching "factual concepts" has filed a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over the situation.

The case on behalf of Johnson Varkey names St. Philip's College in San Antonio, Texas.

The public community college fired him for 'teaching standard principles about human biology and reproduction," the legal team at First Liberty Institute explained.

"No college professor should be fired for teaching factual concepts that a handful of students don’t want to hear," said Keisha Russell, counsel for First Liberty. "Dr. Varkey received exemplary performance reviews for nearly two decades, teaching fact-based, widely accepted science. But now that cultural elites are at odds with these ideas, the school no longer supports professors who teach them. It is a blatant violation of state and federal civil rights laws to discriminate against someone because of their religious beliefs.”

https://www.wnd.com/2023/07/prof-fired-teaching-factual-science-now-takes-action/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: Prof fired for teaching 'factual' science now takes action
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 11:33:50 am »
:thumbsup: