Author Topic: Alvin Bragg Goes After Melania Trump, Gets Shut Down by New York Judge  (Read 654 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alvin Bragg Goes After Melania Trump, Gets Shut Down by New York Judge
David HawkinsJuly 29, 2023 - 3:05 pm4 Comments

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s politically motivated case against President Donald Trump has just suffered another defeat in court.

Bragg’s case is so weak and seemingly political that some Democrats wanted him to delay it until the more serious cases against Trump go through the system.

But career Democrat Bragg needs his get-Trump case to stick so he can run on it in his next election.

Like many other Democrat prosecutors, Bragg is facing blowback as crime soars out of control in his district.

https://slaynews.com/news/alvin-bragg-goes-after-melania-trump-gets-shut-down-by-new-york-judge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This would seem to verify harassment by these do-nothing about street crime Soros prosecutors.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So where is the part about brag going after Melania
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What is the long term GOP plan to go after rogue DA's like this piece of shit?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
So where is the part about brag going after Melania

From the article
He is now so desperate that he has tried to go after former First Lady Melania Trump by issuing subpoenas for her emails.

But a New York judge stepped in and told him to pound sand.

The judge, Juan Merchan, ruled in favor of Trump’s effort to block two subpoenas seeking emails sent by Melania Trump.

Merchan ruled that the subpoenas were overly broad
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

One method is recalls like Boudin in SF

Other than that, as long as the people in these communities vote for these types of DA’s, nothing can be done
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tanks fred

The article was actually two stories, with the headlined part the last half.  A very confusing read...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
One method is recalls like Boudin in SF

Other than that, as long as the people in these communities vote for these types of DA’s, nothing can be done

So they can wildly make a claim and arrest/indict anyone in the country? Seems like a great weakness in our system. People should have recourse IMO.

Offline LMAO

So they can wildly make a claim and arrest/indict anyone in the country? Seems like a great weakness in our system. People should have recourse IMO.

Well, you also can do what the AG of Missouri did to St Louis disaster Kim Gardner and force a resignation

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

In NYC?  Keep their fingers crossed?

Offline PeteS in CA

From an actual news source that doesn't put four or more paragraphs of blather before getting to the actual story:

Alvin Bragg's Office Suffers Big Loss in Case Against Donald Trump

https://ijr.com/alvin-braggs-office-suffers-big-loss-case-donald-trump/

A New York state judge just slammed the shutters closed on Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s hope of peering into Melania Trump’s emails.

New York State Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan rejected Bragg’s bid to peruse emails between former Trump executive assistant Rhona Graff and former first lady Melania Trump, according to CBS News. Bragg’s subpoena was overly broad, Merchan found.

Merchan also blocked another Bragg subpoena for emails between Trump Organization staffers and White House officials, more than two years of the former president’s travel itineraries, and emails from Graff to Keith Schiller, former director of Oval Office operations, according to CBS.

In plain non-legalese, I think, "Bragg’s subpoena was overly broad, Merchan found," means Bragg's fishing expedition denied.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.