Author Topic: NYTimes Celebrates Biden’s Cheap Migrant Labor in Elite’s Hotels  (Read 240 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYTimes Celebrates Biden’s Cheap Migrant Labor in Elite’s Hotels

Wealthy New Yorkers will get cheaper weekend getaways because President Joe Biden's migration flood is washing away marketplace pressure to raise wages for Americans, says a celebratory article in the New York Times.Taylor Davidson via Unsplash
NEIL MUNRO26 Jul 2023124

Wealthy New Yorkers will get cheaper weekend getaways because President Joe Biden’s migration flood is washing away marketplace pressure to raise wages for Americans, says a celebratory article in the New York Times.

“The [extra supply of workers] has been helpful for businesses like the Weekender hotels in the Adirondacks, ” reporter Jeanne Smialek wrote on July 24, adding:

The firm’s six [legal J-1] visa workers are spread across three of its seven properties, said Keir Weimer, the founder of the company, and are a small but important chunk of its 85-person work force.

The company has also been having an easier time competing for employees in general after a few years of adaptation. Mr. Weimer estimated that pay was up 10 to 15 percent over the past 15 months [when migraton was lower], but said wage growth was beginning to cool.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2023/07/26/nytimes-celebrates-cheap-migrant-labor-in-elites-hotels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: NYTimes Celebrates Biden’s Cheap Migrant Labor in Elite’s Hotels
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 11:52:46 am »
Yet, the  New York Times was highly critical of Donald Trump using migrant labor at his golf courses in hotels
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy