Author Topic: Biden lets in immigrants and taxpayers get stuck with the bill  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OPINION Published July 28, 2023 6:00am EDT
Biden lets in immigrants and taxpayers get stuck with the bill
Public charge rule is so riddled with exceptions that it’s like using chicken wire as a mosquito net
 By Simon Hankinson | Fox News

For centuries, immigrants came to America to make their fortunes through hard work. While they often relied on existing ethnic or faith communities for help finding housing and jobs, they had no expectation that the federal government would provide them with the basics of life.

It went against the grain of American values that anyone newly arrived would immediately depend on the state for their needs. Now, with the growth of a tremendously expensive welfare state, it’s financially foolish to open our nation’s doors to people lacking the means to support themselves.

That’s why our immigration law sensibly provides that any person who looks like they would be a "public charge" – i.e. need handouts from the get-go – would be ineligible for a visa.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-lets-immigrants-taxpayers-stuck-bill
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson