Author Topic: Connecticut to Phase out Fossil-Fuel Vehicles By 2035  (Read 442 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Connecticut to Phase out Fossil-Fuel Vehicles By 2035
« on: July 30, 2023, 10:01:00 am »
Connecticut to Phase out Fossil-Fuel Vehicles By 2035
Heartland Author
July 28, 2023

(The Center Square) — Connecticut will join a handful of states in banning the sale of new fossil fuel-powered vehicles by 2035, but critics say the dramatic shift to electric vehicles will be costly for consumers and could impact energy supplies.

On Wednesday, second-term Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont rolled out new regulations that will require car manufacturers to ramp up sales of electric vehicles in Connecticut leading to a ban on the sale of new fossil fuel-powered vehicles by 2035.

The new rules will also apply to medium and heavy-duty vehicles, including tractor-trailers, garbage trucks and other larger vehicles, requiring at least 5% sold by 2027 to be electric and 60% by 2035, Lamont said.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/07/connecticut-to-phase-out-fossil-fuel-vehicles-by-2035/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson