Author Topic: AG Ken Paxton Seeks to Quash Impeachment Following ‘Gag Order’.  (Read 658 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The National Pulse by Jack Montgomery 7/27/2023

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is moving to quash his own, Trump-style impeachment following an unprecedented, anti-free speech “gag order” placed on the trial by RINO Republican Senate President and Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick.

“None of the Articles [of Impeachment] provide the Attorney General with constitutionally adequate notice of the charges, and forcing him to proceed on any of these Articles will violate the Texas Constitution and Texas law,” Paxton’s lawyers argued, after a group of Republican lawmakers partnered with Democrat impeachment managers to try and force the America First AG out of his post earlier this year.

AG Paxton and his defense have struggled, thus far, to obtain the evidence being used against in the case. A public pressure campaign saw Lt. Gov. Patrick impose a discovery order on the Texas House of Representatives, which was swiftly followed by a bizarre gag order which prevents open discussion of the arguments, evidence, and witnesses that will be brought forward at Paxton’s expected Senate trial, where Patrick will preside as judge.

More: https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/07/27/ag-ken-paxton-seeks-to-quash-impeachment-following-gag-order/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: AG Ken Paxton Seeks to Quash Impeachment Following ‘Gag Order’.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 02:53:35 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien