Author Topic: Jordan Dixon-Hamilton28 Jul 2023181 Vulnerable House Democrat Abigail Spanberger (VA) will not seek  (Read 1803 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jordan Dixon-Hamilton   28 Jul 2023

Vulnerable House Democrat Abigail Spanberger (VA) will not seek reelection in 2024, instead opting to launch a gubernatorial bid, according to Politico.

Despite being picked for a leadership position among House Democrats, the Virginia congresswoman told top aides and colleagues she’s planning to launch a gubernatorial bid in the upcoming election cycle.

Although state law allows Spanberger to launch a congressional campaign and a statewide run simultaneously, sources told Politico she does not plan to seek a fourth term in Congress.

Spanberger hopes to succeed Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R), who is ineligible to run for office due to state law prohibiting governors form serving consecutive terms.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/28/report-vulnerable-house-democrat-abigail-spanberger-will-not-run-for-reelection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Who from the republicans will be running to replace Youngkin?

Offline ScottinVA

Typically the AG runs for Governor, but we’ll see.  Winsome Sears, the Lt. Governor, is popular here, and would do well in a gubernatorial election.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Typically the AG runs for Governor, but we’ll see.  Winsome Sears, the Lt. Governor, is popular here, and would do well in a gubernatorial election.
From what I have seen and heard from her I would be inclined to vote for her if I was a resident....but then I voted for Trump - twice so maybe my decision making is not so great :whistle: