Author Topic: Liberalism Is a False Gospel and a Counterfeit Religion  (Read 308 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liberalism Is a False Gospel and a Counterfeit Religion
« on: July 29, 2023, 01:28:23 pm »
July 29, 2023
Liberalism Is a False Gospel and a Counterfeit Religion
By T.S. Weidler

Liberalism is a false and counterfeit religion that is incompatible with the Judeo-Christian worldview that built the United States and much of the western world.

The year 2023 is the 100-year anniversary of J. Gresham Machen’s prophetic book Christianity and Liberalism. This book is just as accurate today as it was prophetic when he wrote it. His central thesis 100 years ago was that liberalism is its own religion, distinct and incompatible with Christianity. It acts as a parasite on Christianity, and can only be accurately understood as a separate and false religion.

Machen was right, of course, and the past 100 years of decline in American life bear him witness. Search the past century across the globe and you will find scores of previously Christian nations that adopted liberalism, declined every meaningful way, and lost their faith. Most of these Judeo-Christian nations have attempted to accommodate it rather than defeat it.

Different From the Start

Liberalism -- whether it is Marxist class conflict, Critical Race Theory, feminism, or any other manifestation -- has its own creation myth to contradict the Judeo-Christian creation events. The modern era founder of this myth is probably Jean Jacques Rousseau, who taught his theory of the “state of nature.” In the state of nature, children are born in innocence as a blank slate. This is a rip-off of the Biblical Garden of Eden. In Eden, everyone was innocent and peaceful, but they reported to God. In Rousseau’s state of nature, humankind emerged innocently out of their own essence and God is irrelevant.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/07/liberalism_is_a_false_gospel_and_a_counterfeit_religion.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Liberalism Is a False Gospel and a Counterfeit Religion
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 09:58:07 pm »
Liberalism is a mental illness.  That expression sums it up exactly.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 10:04:13 pm »
It's not "liberalism" that is (or has been) the problem.

Do you know what it is?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 10:34:01 pm »
And cult.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 02:54:29 pm »
Liberalism is a mental illness.  That expression sums it up exactly.

:thumbsup: