Author Topic: Dumpster Diving NASA Climate Scientist Peter Kalmus: ‘Biden must declare a climate emergency’  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dumpster Diving NASA Climate Scientist Peter Kalmus: ‘Biden must declare a climate emergency’ – Admit he has ‘bottomless grief’ because ‘we are losing Earth’ & seeks to ‘end’ fossil fuels

NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab climate scientist Peter Kalmus in UK Guardian: "I’m terrified by what’s being done to our planet. ... I’ve dreaded this depth of Earth breakdown for almost two decades, and, like many of my colleagues, I’ve been trying to warn you. As hard as I could. Now it’s here. ...  I only feel fury at those in power, and bottomless grief for all that I love. We are losing Earth on our watch. ... Each minute the fossil fuel industry exists, each drilling permit, airplane flight, gallon of gas, fossil fuel ad, lobbyist’s email, takes us further into irreversible heat catastrophe, socially and physically. ... Using executive orders and federal agency rules, and without needing to involve this failure of a Congress, Biden could end new drilling leases on federal lands and waters, block new pipelines and effectively ban fracking. ... Declaring a climate emergency would unleash additional powers...The planet is desperate for policy that creates an equitable transition away from fossil fuels, and into climate emergency mode as a society."

Flashback: Meet Peter Kalmus, the ‘dumpster diving’ NASA climate scientist who warns it’s ‘end of life on Earth as we know it’ & it’s ‘freaking out in my brain’

- ProPublica profile of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab climate scientist Peter Kalmus: - "A climate scientist spent years trying to get people to pay attention to the disaster ahead. His wife is exhausted. His older son thinks there’s no future. And nobody but him will use the outdoor toilet he built to shrink his carbon footprint." ...

Peter had been pleading, begging for people to pay attention to the global emergency. “Is this my personal hell?” he tweeted this past fall. “That I have to spend my entire life desperately trying to convince everyone NOT TO DESTROY THE bleep EARTH?”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/07/28/dumper-diving-nasa-climate-scientist-peter-kalmus-biden-must-declare-a-climate-emergency-admit-he-has-bottomless-grief-because-we-are-losing-earth-seeks-to-end-fossil-fuels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson