Author Topic: Biggest U.S. Teachers’ Union Supports BLM, LGBTQ in Classrooms  (Read 364 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biggest U.S. Teachers’ Union Supports BLM, LGBTQ in Classrooms

BY CATHERINE SALGADO
JULY 28, 2023

The teachers’ union National Education Association (NEA), “the nation’s largest professional employee organization,” is encouraging teachers to include Black Lives Matter (BLM) and LGBTQ posters and flags in their classrooms. Forget reading, writing, and arithmetic — the only division these teachers’ students will learn is the political kind.

NEA describes its mission: “We are as diverse as the students we represent, but united in our purpose: championing justice and excellence in public education.” If you’re worried about the woke-sounding tenor of that statement, you should be.

The NEA website encourages teachers to think of themselves as “political” and “activist.” “Feel confident about your rights as an activist,” NEA tells teachers. It admits that teachers might not be able to do much “advocacy” in the classroom, depending on the school or school district but encourages the teachers on various areas they can try to push their agendas in the classroom. For instance, there’s the section “Supporting Student Activism,” headed by a picture of students holding a sign that has the Black Lives Matter black power fist next to “No Racism.”

Another section about creating an “Inclusive Classroom,” is headed by a picture showing a student painting a rainbow with the word “Love.” NEA quotes Denver high school teacher Samuel Long, “When someone doesn’t learn about LGBTQ topics in school, they’re not going to think of this community as a common, expected part of society — and this goes on to form their ideas of what’s socially acceptable.” You mean kids might not hear praise for sexual perversion and biological impossibilities? Oh, the horror!

One of the quotes NEA features, from Idaho 4th grade teacher Karen Lauritzen, says, “A lot of teachers say, ‘I’m not political,’ but from our local school boards to the state legislature, that’s who’s deciding the content we teach, the days we have to teach it, the books we’ll use, the state of the buildings we will teach in, to how many children are in our classroom.”

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/culture/catherinesalgado/2023/07/28/biggest-u-s-teachers-union-supports-blm-lgbtq-in-classrooms-n1714355

Offline LMAO

Re: Biggest U.S. Teachers’ Union Supports BLM, LGBTQ in Classrooms
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 12:26:17 am »
To hell with learning how to read, write, and add and subtract

Activism skills are the wave of the future
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy