Author Topic: New York City: A Sanctuary No More  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City: A Sanctuary No More
« on: July 28, 2023, 08:41:57 pm »

New York City: A Sanctuary No More   
BY BYRON YORK
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26 2023

Abbott proved to Adams and other Democrats in sanctuary cities around the country that their rhetoric means nothing when confronted by the true scale of the illegal entry problem.

Recently, New York Mayor Eric Adams announced that the city has printed thousands of flyers it plans to distribute at the U.S.-Mexico border. The flyer has a simple message to illegal border-crossers: Don't come to New York.

The headline is in all caps: "UPDATES TO ASYLUM-SEEKERS FROM THE CITY OF NEW YORK." The flyer goes on to say that more than 90,000 migrants have come to the city since April of last year. Now, the handout says, "There is no guarantee we will be able to provide shelter and services to new arrivals." The flyer goes on to warn, "Housing in NYC is very expensive," as is the cost of "food, transportation and other necessities."

And then the message: "Please consider another city as you make your decision about where to settle in the U.S."

Adams also announced that New York is going to get tough with migrants who are already in the city and are staying in its shelters. "In the coming days, the city will begin providing 60 days' notice to adult asylum-seekers to find alternative housing paired with intensified casework services to help adult asylum-seekers explore other housing options and take the next step in their journey," a city statement said. "Each asylum-seeker given notice will have multiple touchpoints with caseworkers over their 60 days to discuss their options and plan their next steps." The short version of that is: We're kicking you out. Find somewhere to go.

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/58-immigration/6427-new-york-city-a-sanctuary-no-more
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson