Author Topic: Pew: Democrats Value Free Speech Far Less than Republicans  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pew: Democrats Value Free Speech Far Less than Republicans
« on: July 28, 2023, 08:30:42 pm »
Pew: Democrats Value Free Speech Far Less than Republicans
And what we should do about it.
July 28, 2023 by Dennis Prager 6 Comments

Newsletter

In case you were in doubt — and if you were in doubt, that means you aren’t following what is happening in America to the most important freedom of all — Pew Research has confirmed that Democrats value free speech far less than Republicans do.

Read the following statistics and conclusions and weep for our country:

— “The share of U.S. adults who say the federal government should restrict false information has risen from 39% in 2018 to 55% in 2023.”

— “Just over half of Americans (55%) support the U.S. government taking steps to restrict false information online, even if it limits people from freely publishing or accessing information.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/pew-democrats-value-free-speech-far-less-than-republicans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pew: Democrats Value Free Speech Far Less than Republicans
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 10:29:54 pm »
A good article by Dennis Prager.

One modification, however.

DCommunists cherish THEIR right to speak freely. Try to shut them up.
It's only those traditional-minded persons and those "of the right" that they seek to silence.

See Frankfurt School, Herbert Marcuse, and his concept of "repressive tolerance".
Explains this behavior perfectly.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Pew: Democrats Value Free Speech Far Less than Republicans
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 01:08:21 am »
I might be going out on a limb  :whistle: , but, judging by the events at many of our nation's institutions of higher learning, it seems that the people trying the hardest to shut down speech they don't like would be people on the left.
They are the people most likely to tell other people that they can't say that. Whatever that is. You'll hurt other people's feelings if you say that.
You mean even if you tell the truth?
In the old days the free speech movement at colleges and universities was headed by leftists like Mario Savio. Those days are long gone.
Now the people who determined to stop you from expressing yourself freely are people who share Savio's politics. Leftists.