Author Topic: DeSantis Collapses to Single Digits in Ohio, Behind Vivek.  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis Collapses to Single Digits in Ohio, Behind Vivek.
« on: July 28, 2023, 04:09:28 pm »
DeSantis Collapses to Single Digits in Ohio, Behind Vivek.
The National Pulse, Jul 28, 2023

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is at just nine percent in the Republican primary race in Ohio, trailing entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, now at 12 percent.

Former President Donald Trump dominates the field in the Buckeye State, according to Ohio Northern University polling, at 64 percent.

DeSantis — who has presented himself as Trump without the baggage, but campaigned as Jeb Bush without the name recognition — is now in third place behind Ramaswamy, a candidate who lacks the prior celebrity or record in high office of his competitors – but is beating all expectations for his candidacy.

The Ohio polling also punctures the DeSantis camp’s narrative that the Floridian has a better chance of beating President Joe Biden than Trump, having him eke out a narrow 41-39 victory over the octogenarian Democrat while Trump smashes him by a much wider margin of 49 to 39 percent.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/07/28/desantis-collapses-to-single-digits-in-ohio-behind-vivek/

Re: DeSantis Collapses to Single Digits in Ohio, Behind Vivek.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 04:10:06 pm »
InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Ohio 2024: Trump holds 52-point lead for Republican Nomination

• Trump — 64% (+52)
• Ramaswamy — 12%
• DeSantis — 9%
• Pence — 6%
• Haley — 3%
• Christie — 2%
• Hutchinson — 1%

With Trump on the ticket, OH is deep red and not a swing state. With DeSantis on the ticket, OH becomes a swing state.

PRES:
(R) Trump: 49% (+10)
(D) Biden: 39%
(R) Desantis: 41% (+2)
(D) Biden: 39%

Ohio Northern University | 7/17-26
https://t.co/sn585Hp39P

10:11 AM · Jul 28, 2023

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 04:17:15 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 11:35:36 pm »
   This is how worthless these polls are this far out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 11:37:43 pm »

:yowsa: This is way too early to be placing bets.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 11:49:21 pm »

The polling was worse for Barack Obama in 2007 at this time against Hillary

But he is currently running a very weak campaign. What does he stand for besides “fighting woke?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2023, 01:00:11 am »

:yowsa: This is way too early to be placing bets.

Except Ronny's not Donald Trump ..... as even team Ronny is coming to understand and acknowledge.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023, 01:27:47 pm »
(redacted for gross imagery)
Sheesh. Not only have you gone personal, you've gone scatological. I know we don't zot people willy-nilly around here, but I have to think you've probably crossed a line and have no intention of admitting a mistake.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 01:42:16 pm »
This is way too early to be placing bets.
It's too early to start a presidential campaign - period - in my opinion, but that ship has sailed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2023, 01:45:45 pm »
You are a disgusting human being.

And I'd place 100:1 she is a paid operative of the Trump Campaign. 

There is a reason in 10's of thousands of posts there isn't even one remotely critical comment about the orange turd. Can't lose that cash cow.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2023, 04:42:20 pm »
You are a disgusting human being.

No, I'm not @Jack Russell   In fact, I apologize for hurting your feelings.

I hope you enjoy your Saturday with family and friends  happy77

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 05:00:37 pm »

It’s a probably a case of a deep, emotional bond that blocks from seeing any faults or to have the ability to scrutinize and critique. Hard core Obama supporters were the same way

I hope the same doesn’t happen with RDS. Supporting a candidate who you ideologically align with is one thing. But that doesn’t mean you should set aside all reason
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 05:08:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 05:01:43 pm »
DeSantis is a wannabe poseur front for Establishment kleptocratic billionaire megadonors.

Live by the Establishment kleptocratic billionaire megadonor, die by the Establishment kleptocratic billionaire megadonor.

Ron's August, 2022, visit to Nantucket to meet with billionaire donors did not bode well.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2023, 05:02:50 pm »

Why only 100:1?   :laugh:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2023, 05:06:11 pm »
It's too early to start a presidential campaign - period - in my opinion, but that ship has sailed.

Agree

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 05:45:17 pm »
It’s a probably a case of a deep, emotional bond that blocks from seeing any faults or to have the courage to scrutinize and critique.

Speaking for myself, that's not it @LMAO   I've explained this before, but will do it agam ICYMI.

The comments around here are becoming quite lopsided; a bubble of vitriol against Trump and his supporters.  It's likely the reason many don't post or even log on anymore, but they're still paying attention.  Comments/threads posted by me fill a gaping void and bring a semblance of balanced reporting.  This is important to me both as a voter and a member of this forum since its birth.

So, please, stop trying to attach your armchair psychology to it.  You may be unaware of this, but it really is insulting.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 06:06:55 pm »
Speaking for myself, that's not it @LMAO   I've explained this before, but will do it agam ICYMI.

The comments around here are becoming quite lopsided; a bubble of vitriol against Trump and his supporters.  It's likely the reason many don't post or even log on anymore, but they're still paying attention.  Comments/threads posted by me fill a gaping void and bring a semblance of balanced reporting.  This is important to me both as a voter and a member of this forum since its birth.

So, please, stop trying to attach your armchair psychology to it.  You may be unaware of this, but it really is insulting.

But what I said was the truth. What do you care if somebody insults Donald Trump? It’s not like he’s a husband or a family member. What do you care how someone else feels about Donald Trump?

Is calling other forum members fascist, or claiming they prefer totalitarianism because they disagree with you “bringing balance?”

Is taking an old picture of a candidate, surrounded by teenage girls, without knowing any context whatsoever and asking other Briefers if plying underage girls with alcohol is a “conservative value” another one of your “bringing balance”

A while back, you asked me to name examples of past liberal positions that Donald Trump took. When I listed them off, your reply to me was to “stop listening to the voices in my head.” Is that part of the balance you speak of?

You also posted a statement by Donald Trump claiming, with no evidence whatsoever, that Ron DeSantis was working with Biden’s DOJ and demanded other posters prove him wrong, without realizing that the burden of proof is on the accuser. Is that also part of the balance you claim you bring and filling a gaping void?

I can go on and on, but the fact is your emotional bond is clouding rationality. Spin it any way you want. But your posting history gives you away
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 06:34:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 06:10:58 pm »

I absolutely agree.  DeSantis should have started his campaign at the last minute. He was taunted by Trump and the best thing he could have done is let Donald make a complete azz of himself bullying a conservative who wasn't even running.  IMO DeSantis took the bait and he's paying the price for it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2023, 06:11:41 pm »
But what I said was the truth. What do you care if somebody insults Donald Trump? It’s not like he’s a husband or a family member. What do you care how someone else feels about Donald Trump?

Is calling other forum members fascist, or claiming they prefer totalitarianism because they disagree with you “bringing balance?”

Is taking an old picture of a candidate, surrounded by teenage girls, without knowing any context him whatsoever and asking other Briefers if plying underage girls with alcohol is a “conservative value?”

A while back, you asked me to name examples of past liberal positions that Donald Trump took. When I listed them off, your reply to me was to “stop listening to the voices in my head.” Is that part of the balance you speak of?

Nope. Your emotional bond is clouding rationality. Spin it any way you want. But your posting history gives you away

Indeed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2023, 06:26:32 pm »
Let's face it ... anyone on any online forum could be a bot, AI, a foreign operative, a paid political operative, a Dem troll, a GOP troll, or a brain-dead US Senator.

We're all expressing and attempting to influence the direction of the Republican Party in our own way.

If DeSantis can't run a successful campaign, how can we trust him to be a successful nominee and candidate?

Trump will pick off his opponents - most threatening to least threatening- one at a time.

Bad news for DeSantis is good news for Trump.

Anyone who wants to be the 2024 GOP Presdiential Nominee will have to go through Trump to take it.

DeSantis needs to prove he's more than Trump Light.

I'm watching to see who deserves my vote in the Primary.

In the meantime, let's keep having differences of opinions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2023, 06:30:03 pm »
Let's face it ... anyone on any online forum could be a bot, AI, a foreign operative, a paid political operative, a Dem troll, a GOP troll, or a brain-dead US Senator.

We're all expressing and attempting to influence the direction of the Republican Party in our own way.

If DeSantis can't run a successful campaign, how can we trust him to be a successful nominee and candidate?

Trump will pick off his opponents - most threatening to least threatening- one at a time.

Anyone who wants to be the 2024 GOP Presdiential Nominee will have to go through Trump to take it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2023, 06:31:02 pm »

DeSantis would also have to emphasize that he’s more than just the cultural warrior and so far he’s failing to do that

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2023, 07:20:35 pm »

Is taking an old picture of a candidate, surrounded by teenage girls, without knowing any context whatsoever and asking other Briefers if plying underage girls with alcohol is a “conservative value” another one of your “bringing balance”

You also posted a statement by Donald Trump claiming, with no evidence whatsoever, that Ron DeSantis was working with Biden’s DOJ and demanded other posters prove him wrong, without realizing that the burden of proof is on the accuser. Is that also part of the balance you claim you bring and filling a gaping void?

I can go on and on, but the fact is your emotional bond is clouding rationality. Spin it any way you want. But your posting history gives you away

@LMAO  ---- You're stringing selective and edited "quotes" from involved debates from who remembers when  --- painstakingly keeping lists to spit back at me and paint me in the worst possible light.   This really is disturbing.  I hope you choose to instead spend your time working to cut the emotional need you have developed for me.  I'd appreciate it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2023, 07:30:03 pm »
@LMAO  ---- You're stringing selective and edited "quotes" from involved debates from who remembers when  --- painstakingly keeping lists to spit back at me and paint me in the worst possible light.   This really is disturbing.  I hope you choose to instead spend your time working to cut the emotional need you have developed for me.  I'd appreciate it.

And your response here is what I was expecting. Why take responsibility for your posting history and style when you can make the person pointing it out the issue?

You made a claim. I had the receipts to dispute it. Simple as that

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2023, 07:35:33 pm »

Polls have become irrelevant and not very reliant.