Author Topic: Why Portland strippers have been on strike for nearly 4 months: ‘We’re fighting for basic safety’  (Read 943 times)

Offline Kamaji

Why Portland strippers have been on strike for nearly 4 months: ‘We’re fighting for basic safety’

By Hannah Ray Lambert, Fox News
July 28, 2023

Trouble is brewing in America’s strip club capital, where dancers from one bar have been on strike for nearly four months as they attempt to become the second unionized strip club in the country.

Most of the 33 strippers employed by Portland’s Magic Tavern launched their strike on April 4, citing “dangerous working conditions,” Willamette Week reported.

“We’re fighting for basic safety and respect in the workplace, just like any other industry expects,” Nyx, one of the dancers on strike, told the outlet.

The dancers say a slew of safety concerns spurred the strike, ranging from a lack of security cameras, an unstable pole, unmarked and uneven stage flooring, the scent of gas and more. They accuse management of retaliating against dancers who complained, and naming an official club group chat “Anus Tarts.”

Magic Tavern’s owner did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The club remains open, with the non-striking dancers on stage, according to Willamette Week.

Portland has long boasted the title of America’s strippiest metropolitan area.

With 54 venues, it had the most strip clubs per capita by a wide margin in 2015, according to research by Pricenomics.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/why-portland-strippers-have-been-on-strike-for-nearly-4-months-were-fighting-for-basic-safety/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey someone tell Mulvaney there is a career opportunity for him/her/It in Portland with stripper starved whatevers.

Offline Kamaji

Hey someone tell Mulvaney there is a career opportunity for him/her/It in Portland with stripper starved whatevers.

:silly:

Online LMAO

Who would be brave enough to stuff dollar bills in that G string
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who would be brave enough to stuff dollar bills in that G string
In PORTLAND? EVERYONE!!