Author Topic: Some migrants in NYC being shuffled upstate after being told there's no room here  (Read 319 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Some migrants in NYC being shuffled upstate after being told there's no room here
Roosevelt Hotel
Leonard Zhukovsky / Shutterstock

By
Arya Sundaram
Published Jul 27, 2023

Modified Jul 27, 2023

Men waiting outside the city’s central intake center for migrants in Midtown on Wednesday said they had slept outside overnight, and some for longer, waiting for placement in the city’s crowded shelter system.

In recent weeks, some fortunate enough to get inside the arrival center in the Roosevelt Hotel at 45 E. 45th St. have only been offered accommodations upstate, including as far away as Buffalo, according to immigrant advocates.

Miguel Alejandro Rojas Quero, 26, from Venezuela, was in a line of over 30 people that at midday snaked around the block outside the hotel. Quero said the process for accessing shelter was inhumane, but added he had suffered worse on his journey to the U.S. He was among 10 or so men who said they had been waiting overnight.

“They tell us they are going to take us out of the city, that if we get shelter, they’ll give it to us out of New York City,” Quero said of the staff outside the hotel. “And that at this moment, there aren’t rooms, there isn’t space.”

https://gothamist.com/news/some-migrants-in-nyc-being-shuffled-upstate-after-being-told-theres-no-room-here
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cities in Texas should be happy they've never had to share the kinds of problems and costs NYC has.  I don't know how Mayor Adams has maintained so well. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Roosevelt hotel in NYC: the City of NY provided MTA buses so the migrants could cool down from the heat. That's right, buses - idling in the heat, burning that nasty fossil fuel, polluting the environment, creating a massive carbon footprint, killing all of humankind - just to cool off some illegals.  :silly:

https://twitter.com/ViralNewsNYC/status/1685392118473277440
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

The Roosevelt Hotel in NYC has 1,025 rooms.  So, I wonder how many if not all are being handed over to ILLEGALS. Certainly they could squeeze a couple of hundred into the ballroom.  :whistle:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.