Author Topic: Operation Lone Star fails to curb ILLEGAL CROSSINGS despite $9.5B funding  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Operation Lone Star fails to curb ILLEGAL CROSSINGS despite $9.5B funding
07/27/2023 // Laura Harris // 1.5K Views

Texas' Operation Lone Star (OLS), a state-led initiative to deter illegal migration at the U.S.-Mexico border, has failed to curb illegal crossings. This is despite a $9.5 billion war chest and border security tools such as razor wire, shipping container barricades and aerial surveillance.
Launched in the summer of 2021 amid a surge of border crossings, OLS sought to arrest migrants on low-level state charges in an attempt to discourage illegal immigration. Although Texas lacks the authority to enforce federal immigration law, it is lodging misdemeanor charges against people who crossed private properties along the border.

Prior to OLS, counties in the Rio Grande Valley experienced the highest increase in illegal crossings, according to data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Surprisingly, these counties chose not to declare a state of disaster and did not participate in the trespassing arrest operation under OLS.

In contrast, the Del Rio sector that lies in the middle of Texas' 1,254-mile border with Mexico was less accustomed to large migrant crossing. OLS directed substantial resources to this region. Troopers were stationed every few miles on highways, expansive base camps were set up and arrests were made for misdemeanor trespassing.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-07-27-operation-lone-star-fails-curb-illegal-crossings.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson