Author Topic: GOP Senators Thune, Kennedy, Tillis and Paul Push Back Against Impeachment…  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The only question we should be asking is whether impeaching Biden helps us or hurts us in 2024.  How it makes us feel should have nothing to do with it.

Online LMAO

The only question we should be asking is whether impeaching Biden helps us or hurts us in 2024.  How it makes us feel should have nothing to do with it.

Well, impeaching Trump helped the Democrats
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well, impeaching Trump helped the Democrats

Did it?  I don't think impeachment moved the needle at all, and may have actually hurt them by making most Republicans and many independents believe he was being treated unfairly.  What hurt Trump were his actions and statements, not the fact that he was impeached because of them.

I think its the same thing with Biden.  Blast him for the stupid things he says and does, but impeachment is a mistake unless you've really got a smoking gun, and we don't have that yet.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, launch the impeachment inquiry but don't proceed to actual impeachment until irrefutable proof is in hand?  Am I reading you correctly? @roamer_1
Not even irrefutable proof will produce a conviction in the Senate.

Nor can we count on elections making anything better.

Investigate, investigate, investigate, stack the evidence to the rafters, and at the end of Biden's term, try him for the treason that is apparrent to us all, provided the evidence is true.

Impeachment means squat, round them up afterward and on trial.

If treason never prosper, what's the reason?

For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

Did it?  I don't think impeachment moved the needle at all, and may have actually hurt them by making most Republicans and many independents believe he was being treated unfairly.  What hurt Trump were his actions and statements, not the fact that he was impeached because of them.

I think its the same thing with Biden.  Blast him for the stupid things he says and does, but impeachment is a mistake unless you've really got a smoking gun, and we don't have that yet.

They may have thought that about Donald Trump’s first impeachment but not his second, at least, according to polls

https://news.gallup.com/poll/329423/americans-views-impeachment-trump-record-issues.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As former President Donald Trump's second Senate impeachment trial is about to begin, a new Gallup poll finds a slim majority of Americans (52%) saying they would like their senators to vote to convict him. Americans tilted against conviction in his first impeachment trial a little over a year ago.

As of right now, any attempt to impeach Biden will just be seen by the public as Republicans attempting to cover for Donald Trump. It will probably be seen as just getting revenge for the two impeachments the Democrats brought forth on Trump

Impeachment has become a game. The first president to be impeached was Andrew Johnson and we didn’t have another until Bill Clinton. So there was quite a span between impeachments

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 10:48:13 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

Impeaching Biden at this point would be counter-productive. NOTHING would fire up the typical Dim voter more than the propaganda campaign the left would produce if this happened.

It is also a waste of time and money because there is no way in hell Slow Joe can last through another campaign. I have said it before,and I will say it again,his handlers are going to make sure he steps down at the very last minute due to "health reasons",and the DNC gets to "crown" his replacement.

This will not only get him and cameltoe off the ticket (she will probably "voluntarily" resign),but put in place a new Dim candidate/campaign when it is too late for the RNC to mount an effective counter-campaign against them. Add that to the obvious Dim voter fraud,and the DNC pretty much has a "lock" on the WH for as long as they want it. Or more accurately,for as long as the international bankers like Soros are willing  to allow them to keep it.

Don't have a freaking clue who  they will crown at this point. Can't even guess,but it will be someone the globalist Billionaire Boys Club approves.

This may literally be the last presidential election in America where both candidates are not picked by the left.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Impeaching Biden at this point would be counter-productive. NOTHING would fire up the typical Dim voter more than the propaganda campaign the left would produce if this happened.

It is also a waste of time and money because there is no way in hell Slow Joe can last through another campaign. I have said it before,and I will say it again,his handlers are going to make sure he steps down at the very last minute due to "health reasons",and the DNC gets to "crown" his replacement.

This will not only get him and cameltoe off the ticket (she will probably "voluntarily" resign),but put in place a new Dim candidate/campaign when it is too late for the RNC to mount an effective counter-campaign against them.

:thumbsup:

Add that to the obvious Dim voter fraud,and the DNC pretty much has a "lock" on the WH for as long as they want it. Or more accurately,for as long as the international bankers like Soros are willing  to allow them to keep it.

Don't have a freaking clue who  they will crown at this point. Can't even guess,but it will be someone the globalist Billionaire Boys Club approves.

I'm not a huge believer in the power of Soros or International bankers to determine who is President.  Soros put a lot of money into local prosecutor races because those are the ones in which money can have a huge impact because so little money generally is available for those races.

And as far as presidential elections go, I don't think money is really the key factor.  Trump won in 2016 despite spending significantly less than did Hillary.

The biggest hurdle for us to overcome in future elections isn't international money, and it isn't even fraud.  It is the hard leftward drift of younger generations, and their increased willingness to vote compared with prior generations of younger people.

If we don't figure out how to change their direction of thinking, none of the rest of it will matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Maj. Bill Martin

This will not only get him and cameltoe off the ticket (she will probably "voluntarily" resign),but put in place a new Dim candidate/campaign when it is too late for the RNC to mount an effective counter-campaign against them. Add that to the obvious Dim voter fraud,and the DNC pretty much has a "lock" on the WH for as long as they want it. Or more accurately,for as long as the international bankers like Soros are willing  to allow them to keep it.

This may literally be the last presidential election in America where both candidates are not picked by the left.

How do you square that with this @sneakypete  @Maj. Bill Martin @Smokin Joe

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

That is, in case you don't know, that is the oath every member of congress takes every time he is sworn in.

How do they do that while ignoring criminal activity by the president?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 02:42:08 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

There was serious talk of Impeachment of GWB after the 'hanging chad' crap in 2000. 9/11 derailed that.  The dems made up for it with since with two fabricated Impeachments of Trump.  With that being said I think McCarthy's House should impeach bidet if they have rock solid evidence of wrongdoing no matter that the Senate will never convict him.

Also, I don't believe Comealot will voluntarily step away from VP.  That will take a concerted push, not unlike Dean and ranking Republicans pushing Nixon outta office.  @sneakypete
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 02:39:58 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

:thumbsup:

I'm not a huge believer in the power of Soros or International bankers to determine who is President.  Soros put a lot of money into local prosecutor races because those are the ones in which money can have a huge impact because so little money generally is available for those races.

And as far as presidential elections go, I don't think money is really the key factor.  Trump won in 2016 despite spending significantly less than did Hillary.

The biggest hurdle for us to overcome in future elections isn't international money, and it isn't even fraud.  It is the hard leftward drift of younger generations, and their increased willingness to vote compared with prior generations of younger people.

If we don't figure out how to change their direction of thinking, none of the rest of it will matter.

I disagree.  Soros & Company are running this country right now and since Soros has retired; his kids and all of his/their foundations are destroying our Republic.  That is their goal.

There isn't time to change the minds of years of indoctrination by the leftists. 

Again, either we seat a conservative in the WH or we lose this country and Trump just isn't going to cut it, nor will they allow him to be seated in the oval office again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

I disagree.  Soros & Company are running this country right now and since Soros has retired; his kids and all of his/their foundations are destroying our Republic.  That is their goal.

There isn't time to change the minds of years of indoctrination by the leftists. 

Again, either we seat a conservative in the WH or we lose this country and Trump just isn't going to cut it, nor will they allow him to be seated in the oval office again.

And what happens if Biden or some other Democrat gets reelected?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I disagree.  Soros & Company are running this country right now and since Soros has retired; his kids and all of his/their foundations are destroying our Republic. 

No, they're not. I don't see why you so easily wave away the existence of tens of millions of regular Americans who are just leftists. They're not leftist because of George Soros, They're leftists because that's who they are, that's what they believe, and they vote.

Soros is a rich leftist who helps move things in that direction, but he's not actually running things.  It's the folks we elect who do that.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Impeachments will become more frequent than Full Moons, and become worthless as wooden 3cent nickles.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

No, they're not. I don't see why you so easily wave away the existence of tens of millions of regular Americans who are just leftists. They're not leftist because of George Soros, They're leftists because that's who they are, that's what they believe, and they vote.

Soros is a rich leftist who helps move things in that direction, but he's not actually running things.  It's the folks we elect who do that.

Well, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this.  Research some of his foundations and you will see that they are very anti-American with objectives to collapse this country. I've posted links off and on for a couple of years -- Beck has done research and posted charts (which I linked) and Kushner is linked to Soros and his $$ as well.

Soros is in part responsible for the initial 'purge' of ILLEGALS into this country, paying them to come.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.