Author Topic: GOP Senators Thune, Kennedy, Tillis and Paul Push Back Against Impeachment…  (Read 1119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Senators Thune, Kennedy, Tillis and Paul Push Back Against Impeachment… Because Emails, Bank Statements, Whistleblowers, Audio Recordings, Photos, a Laptop Computer, $5 Million Bribes, Are Not Enough Proof of Wrongdoing
by Jim Hoft Jul. 27, 2023 6:12 pm

Earlier today Senator Rand Paul went on with Maria Bartiromo on FOX Business Network.

Senator Paul does not support impeachment for Joe Biden at this point. He wants to see more evidence. And, being such an upstanding American citizen, Paul does not believe every president should be impeached. He leave that to Democrats.

https://twitter.com/alexdatig/status/1684621456095985664

Later on Thursday morning Senator John Thune joined Stuart Varney and also pushed back against impeachment.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/gop-senators-thune-kennedy-tillis-paul-push-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If Paul and Kennedy, two of the sharper Senators we've gotten and guys who don't mind fighting, both believe it isn't a good idea...then maybe it isn't.

If swing voters are getting tired of all this, then the GOP being able to run on "we do work for the country, not just politics" is a pretty good strategy.

Best way to fight back and "send a message" to the other side is to win elections.  Much more effective than dueling impeachments unless you've got really compelling evidence.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 02:23:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

If Paul and Kennedy, two of the sharper Senators we've gotten and guys who don't mind fighting, both believe it isn't a good idea...then maybe it isn't.

If swing voters are getting tired of all this, then the GOP being able to run on "we do work for the country, not just politics" is a pretty good strategy.

Best way to fight back and "send a message" to the other side is to win elections.  Much more effective than dueling impeachments unless you've got really compelling evidence.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

I normally agree with Paul, but on this I don't agree.  Impeaching Brandon would send a clear message that the GOP isn't going to back down.  Brandon has committed impeachable offenses and that should not be ignored.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I normally agree with Paul, but on this I don't agree.  Impeaching Brandon would send a clear message that the GOP isn't going to back down.  Brandon has committed impeachable offenses and that should not be ignored.

:amen: Must not be ignored!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

They better have the receipts. Stone cold... And a good chance of conviction.
Otherwise it just looks like tit for tat.

Offline Kamaji

Agreed.  And what is the ultimate outcome?  A chastened DNC?  I don't think so, not on the record as it currently stands.  And we get President Kameltoe instead, with a radical new VP to be named later.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Kamaji @roamer_1 I'm open to suggestions as to how we get this fixed. What do you suggest?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Who cares what it looks like?  So the GOP once again shies away and ignores what they need to do? They need to impeach Brandon. It's as simple as that. IMO it makes the GOP look weak once again because they are afraid of what the DEMS may think. He should have been impeached long ago.

They'll never get the votes in the Senate to actually remove him, but nonetheless, they'll have their impeachment.

The GOP better start pushing back.  Who knows if they are going to maintain the House in '24 and I doubt we'll see them take the Senate.

What does the GOP have to lose by impeaching Brandon? In doing so, for once they are doing their darn jobs and standing their ground.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Agreed.  And what is the ultimate outcome?  A chastened DNC?  I don't think so, not on the record as it currently stands.  And we get President Kameltoe instead, with a radical new VP to be named later.

Wrong.  They're never going to get the votes in the Senate to actually remove Brandon, so little chance of Chuckles becoming the president.  They will eventually have both of them step down anyways closer to the election and you can bet that they already have a formidable team waiting in the wings.

Better for the GOP to actually start doing something instead of fearing stepping on the DEM toes.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Who cares what it looks like?  So the GOP once again shies away and ignores what they need to do? They need to impeach Brandon. It's as simple as that. IMO it makes the GOP look weak once again because they are afraid of what the DEMS may think. He should have been impeached long ago.

They'll never get the votes in the Senate to actually remove him, but nonetheless, they'll have their impeachment.

The GOP better start pushing back.  Who knows if they are going to maintain the House in '24 and I doubt we'll see them take the Senate.

What does the GOP have to lose by impeaching Brandon? In doing so, for once they are doing their darn jobs and standing their ground.

Launching an impeachment inquiry does not necessarily end with impeachment but, given the current environment, that is the ONLY way we are ever going to get to the truth IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online ScottinVA

They’re absolutely right.  Impeachment will in no way result in Biden’s removal from office.  What it WILL do is endear Biden to the voting public as a victim, while the GOP is left with nothing but a dead-end political rant.  Nothing productive will come from impeaching Biden.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Can't have it both ways. 

If you're engaging in a purely symbolic action - which is what an impeachment with no hope of conviction is - then how it looks is everything.   Otherwise there's no reason to do it.

Offline libertybele

They’re absolutely right.  Impeachment will in no way result in Biden’s removal from office.  What it WILL do is endear Biden to the voting public as a victim, while the GOP is left with nothing but a dead-end political rant.  Nothing productive will come from impeaching Biden.

So .. we just continue on down the path to nowhere and let the DEMS continue to rip apart our Republic because the GOP is too spineless to do anything?  Again, to do nothing only reinforces to the DEMS that the GOP is weak and unwilling to take a stand.

Impeachment would open the public's eyes to what is going on -- we cannot continue down this road and there isn't a whole lot of time to do something.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 10:35:01 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

@Kamaji @roamer_1 I'm open to suggestions as to how we get this fixed. What do you suggest?

It don't get fixed without the impeachment. But there should not be an impeachment (at all) unless conviction is damnwell guaranteed.

Otherwise all it is is a monkey sh*t fight, with both sides using the law to punish the other... ineffectively.

As I said... Tit for tat...

Offline libertybele

It don't get fixed without the impeachment. But there should not be an impeachment (at all) unless conviction is damnwell guaranteed.

Otherwise all it is is a monkey sh*t fight, with both sides using the law to punish the other... ineffectively.

I'd rather have a monkey fight then for the GOP to sit back and do absolutely nothing and take no stand.  The GOP has done nothing for far too long.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

So, launch the impeachment inquiry but don't proceed to actual impeachment until irrefutable proof is in hand?  Am I reading you correctly? @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

No... What will make them look weak is not getting the impeachment done, and especially without conviction. If they ain't got him stone cold with hard evidence, the better part of valor would be to not go down that road.

Then a political impeachment with no teeth. See Tumpy.

But that would accomplish nothing without the stones to bring it on home. Especially without conviction. It just looks political and back-biting. Just like you see the Democrats.

That does nothing. It's poo-throwing.

If you got the receipts and enough Democrats are convinced to make conviction possible... Well that's what impeachment is *FOR*. Crimes so heinous that a bipartisan solution can be forged.

Online LMAO

What it WILL do is endear Biden to the voting public as a victim, while the GOP is left with nothing but a dead-end political rant. 

Disagree with the first half of this sentence

But agree with the second half
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

So, launch the impeachment inquiry but don't proceed to actual impeachment until irrefutable proof is in hand?  Am I reading you correctly? @roamer_1

Inquire and investigate all you like. Assign special counsels... Impeachment is bringing charges... Indictment. From the indictment forward, it better be bulletproof. Or don't go there.

Offline roamer_1

I'd rather have a monkey fight then for the GOP to sit back and do absolutely nothing and take no stand.  The GOP has done nothing for far too long.

Meh. So do SOMETHING, even if it's wrong?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele complains:
"Impeachment would open the public's eyes to what is going on -- we cannot continue down this road and there isn't a whole lot of time to do something."

Maybe you weren't a forum member way back then, but I'm sure a few folks here will remember when I kept posting THIS over and over again:

... and EVERYONE else said (to wit), "why bother, that's a bad idea"...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Meh. So do SOMETHING, even if it's wrong?

As opposed to doing nothing? Hell yes!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Calling for blood when it is unlikely you will get any is just a waste of time.

Offline roamer_1

As opposed to doing nothing? Hell yes!

Listen to yourself now.

Better to do the wrong thing than to do nothing at all?

That's bass ackwards.