Author Topic: Biden admin withholding key funding for schools with hunting, archery programs  (Read 481 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Biden administration is blocking key federal funding earmarked under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 for schools with hunting and archery programs.

According to federal guidance circulated among hunting education groups and shared with Fox News Digital, the Department of Education determined that, under the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) passed last year, school hunting and archery classes are precluded from receiving federal funding. The interpretation could impact millions of American children enrolled in such programs.

"It's a negative for children. As a former educator of 30-plus years, I was always trying to find a way to engage students," Tommy Floyd, the president of the National Archery in the Schools Program, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "In many communities, it's a shooting sport, and the skills from shooting sports, that help young people grow to be responsible adults. They also benefit from relationships with role models."

<snip>

In June 2022, the BSCA was passed with large majorities in the House and Senate before President Biden signed it into law. The push to pass the bill — which broadly seeks to promote "safer, more inclusive and positive" school environments, according to the Education Department — came after mass shootings at a grocery market in Buffalo, New York, and a school in Uvalde, Texas.

The legislation included an amendment to an ESEA subsection listing prohibited uses for federal school funding. That amendment prohibits ESEA funds from helping provide any person with a dangerous weapon or to provide "training in the use of a dangerous weapon."

"We were alarmed to learn recently that the Department of Education has misinterpreted the BCSA to require the defending of certain longstanding educational and enrichment programs — specifically, archery and hunter education classes — for thousands of children, who rely on these programs to develop life skills, learn firearm safety and build self-esteem," Cornyn and Tillis wrote to Cardona.

"The Department mistakenly believes that the BSCA precludes funding these enrichment programs," they continued. "Such an interpretation contradicts congressional intent and the text of the BSCA."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-withholding-key-funding-schools-hunting-archery-programs
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Kamaji

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by  Leslie Eastman 7/31/2023

It is not hard to see this is an attempt to punish programs that are Second Amendment adjacent.

The latest move by this gang of goons is take aim at key federal funding earmarked under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 for schools with hunting and archery programs.

According to federal guidance circulated among hunting education groups and shared with Fox News Digital, the Department of Education determined that, under the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) passed last year, school hunting and archery classes are precluded from receiving federal funding. The interpretation could impact millions of American children enrolled in such programs.

“It’s a negative for children. As a former educator of 30-plus years, I was always trying to find a way to engage students,” Tommy Floyd, the president of the National Archery in the Schools Program, told Fox News Digital in an interview. “In many communities, it’s a shooting sport, and the skills from shooting sports, that help young people grow to be responsible adults. They also benefit from relationships with role models.”

Republican Senators John Cornyn of Texas and Thom Tillis of North Carolina pushed back on the interpretation of the amendment in a letter o Education Secretary Miguel Cardona. Archery and hunting clubs are also engaging in the battle to stop the threat to these classes.

We were alarmed to learn recently that the Department of Education has misinterpreted the BCSA to require the defending of certain longstanding educational and enrichment programs — specifically, archery and hunter education classes — for thousands of children, who rely on these programs to develop life skills, learn firearm safety and build self-esteem,” Cornyn and Tillis wrote, according to Fox News.

“The Department mistakenly believes that the BSCA precludes funding these enrichment programs,” the senators said. “Such an interpretation contradicts congressional intent and the text of the BSCA.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/07/biden-administration-targets-funding-for-school-archery-and-hunting-programs/

Leslie Eastman ☥
@Mutnodjmet

FIRST ARCHERY LESSON: I was blessed to be over-seeing the archery game booth at Ascension Catholic Parish. It gave me a chance to show young children some archery basics and encourage an interest in the sport. What I found most fascinating was this: Kids who got the arrow through the targets were coming back again and again. The endorphin-releasing joy of hitting the target is not to be denied. That is why archery is my 2nd addiction (1st being caffeine).

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Aug 1, 2023
Biden admin uses gun control bill to block funding for archery, hunting courses in American schools
"Students should not be pawns in Joe Biden's misguided crusade against America's sportsmen."

Jarryd Jaeger
Vancouver, BC
Aug 1, 2023

It has been revealed that the Biden administration is refusing to provide funds for hunting and archery courses offered at elementary and secondary schools across the nation.

The federal government claimed it was simply abiding by the recently passed Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which amended the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to add the use and training of dangerous weapons to the list of activities and programs ineligible for funding.

The Biden administration confirmed its decision in a statement to Fox News.

"This prohibition applies to all ESEA funds," a Department of Education spokesperson said. "The prohibition went into effect immediately on June 25, 2022 and applies to all existing and future awards under all ESEA programs. The Department is administering the bipartisan law as written by Congress."

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-admin-uses-gun-control-bill-to-block-funding-for-archery-hunting-courses-in-american-schools?utm_campaign=64487
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I hope no one is naive enough to think Biden gives a shit about American school kids.  He just admitted to a granddaughter after years of denying it.  If he will do that to his own family, he's not capable of caring about other kids. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

In the wrong hands, a compass can be a deadly weapon.  #defundMath

Chinese teacher is detained after 'using a drawing compass to stab and injure dozens of students because they failed to finish their homework'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8369935/Chinese-teacher-detained-using-compass-stab-dozens-students.html
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.