Author Topic: A reply to hate mail  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A reply to hate mail
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:19:19 am »
A reply to hate mail
19 hours ago Anthony Watts

People send me stuff. I often get hate mail, but this one was so irrational and feckless, I decided that I’d have to respond. Usually I ignore these, but this one offered an opportunity for a teachable moment.

First, I don’t work for the “fossil fuel industry” – I never have. I have not taken a single penny. It’s a common misconception (driven by people that publish outright fabrications with no evidence) out there that anyone who questions the “science is settled” aspect of climate change is automatically employed by “big oil.” It’s as if people like myself aren’t capable of having their own opinions rooted in their own research.

You’re wrong Susan, flat wrong. My opinions are my own, not bought, and unlike your tired and fact-free rhetoric, I have evidence to back up each and every one of them.

The other common misconception is that because I’m associated with The Heartland Institute, and they supposedly are getting funded by “big oil,” that also makes me a shill by association.

You’re wrong there too, Susan. The Heartland Institute does not receive any funding from any oil, coal, or natural gas companies whatsoever. Then there’s the other claim that “Heartland is funded by the Koch brothers to publish climate disinformation.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/27/a-reply-to-hate-mail-from-susan-wheadon/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson