Author Topic: Aussie Green Hydrogen Project Scrapped, “Not Viable”  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Aussie Green Hydrogen Project Scrapped, “Not Viable”
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:12:36 am »
Aussie Green Hydrogen Project Scrapped, “Not Viable”
5 hours ago Eric Worrall 24 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Energy of the future? Even a $28.3 million grant from the West Australian Government company was not enough to push the project over the line.

Australian green hydrogen project scrapped due to transport costs, pumped hydro on hold

Giles Parkinson 26 July 2023

Canadian gas giant Atco says it has scrapped plans for one of the first commercial scale green hydrogen projects in Australia, despite strong funding support from the government’s renewable agency, and has also put a proposed pumped hydro project in NSW on hold.

Atco had planned to build a 10MW green hydrogen electrolyser next to Bright Energy’s 180MW Warradarge wind farm in Western Australia (pictured above), fuelling the plant with renewable energy and producing 4.3 tonnes of green hydrogen a year.

But Atco’s $53 million Clean Energy Innovation Park – also known as the Mid West project – has been scrapped because it would involve trucking the hydrogen to points where it can be injected into the gas network.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/07/27/aussie-green-hydrogen-project-scrapped-not-viable/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Aussie Green Hydrogen Project Scrapped, “Not Viable”
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 11:27:20 am »
:facepalm2: