Author Topic: Trump indictment watch on hold as Smith grand jury returns no charges  (Read 306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump indictment watch on hold as Jack Smith grand jury returns no charges Thursday
by Kaelan Deese, Supreme Court Reporter |
July 27, 2023 03:55 PM

Former President Donald Trump won't be indicted Thursday after an official at the federal courthouse in Washington, D.C., said there haven't been any indictments returned and that none are expected for the rest of the day, according to multiple outlets.

On July 18, the former president posted on Truth Social that he was notified that he is the target of an investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol and efforts to subvert the 2020 election.

Members of a federal grand jury met at the courthouse on Thursday amid reports that there was preparation for a vote to charge the former president.

The grand jury was assembled as part of special counsel Jack Smith's investigation into alleged efforts to subvert the 2020 election and further allegations of attempting to impede the peaceful transfer of power during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Trump posted on Truth Social just after 1 p.m. EDT that his attorneys had a "productive meeting" with Justice Department prosecutors on Thursday morning but downplayed reports that there would be an indictment on Thursday.

"No indication of notice was given during the meeting — Do not trust the Fake News on anything!" he wrote, adding that his attorneys spent the meeting "explaining in detail that I did nothing wrong."

Trump spokesman Steven Cheung downplayed NBC News's report that the former president's lawyers were told to expect an indictment, saying that was "incorrect."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/donald-trump-indictment-on-hold-no-grand-jury-charges
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They'll wait until Archer testifies.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley