Author Topic: Attorney: Trump struggling to find lawyers because he’s a “uniquely difficult client”  (Read 530 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/attorney-trump-struggling-to-find-lawyers-because-he-s-a-uniquely-difficult-client/ar-AA1erRsR?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=1d4d51a7adfe47ccf538920e99f49f2c&ei=9

Donald Trump could soon be facing a federal indictment for his role in attempting to overturn the 2020 election, but the former president is struggling to assemble a legal team that can defend him.

One attorney, who spoke with Rolling Stone, said he declined the offer to represent the former president since Trump's personal lawyers often find themselves in legal jeopardy while working for him.

Others believe the defense is destined to lose the case in the nation's capital, a jurisdiction where Jan. 6th rioters have been receiving convictions for months.

In recent weeks, some of Trump's top legal and political advisers have even privately referred to the task of defending him against an indictment in the 2020 election case as a "suicide mission", Rolling Stone reported.

Other lawyers, who have been approached about joining Trump's legal team and initially showed interest, later backed out after their colleagues raised concerns. Partners at their firms objected to representing Trump as a client, fearing the potential loss of other clients, according to Rolling Stone.

"President Trump is struggling to find attorneys to defend him because he embodies the worst attributes of difficult clients: he is known to ignore legal advice; he will ask his lawyers to engage in ethically dubious behavior; he often refuses to pay his legal bills; and, he always thinks he knows best," Temidayo Aganga-Williams, white-collar partner at Selendy Gay Elsberg and former senior investigative counsel for the House Jan. 6 committee, told Salon.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

"President Trump is struggling to find attorneys to defend him because he embodies the worst attributes of difficult clients: he is known to ignore legal advice; he will ask his lawyers to engage in ethically dubious behavior; he often refuses to pay his legal bills; and, he always thinks he knows best," Temidayo Aganga-Williams, white-collar partner at Selendy Gay Elsberg and former senior investigative counsel for the House Jan. 6 committee, told Salon.

:bingo:

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's true about his lawyers, but I also think it explains why he has a hard time assembling/keeping good subordinates period:

he is known to ignore legal advice; he will ask his lawyers to engage in ethically dubious behavior...and, he always thinks he knows best,
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 08:28:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

With 37 felony charges against him and counting he needs to get off of his high horse and listen and take some legal advice; I don't think he anticipates jail time, but I think it is very likely.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

And he can't keep his mouth shut.

No he can't keep his mouth shut when needed. Because he has had lawyers who have left at different times, I believe that he is having a difficult time forming a solid legal team, but I also hold some skepticism because the article is from "Rolling Stone'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Knee-jerk responses aside, this is the reason:

FTA:
One attorney, who spoke with Rolling Stone, said he declined the offer to represent the former president since Trump's personal lawyers often find themselves in legal jeopardy while working for him.

Attorneys' cell phones are confiscated, offices raided, attorney client privilege is removed, attorneys are turned into witnesses under penalty of perjury ----- it's all part and parcel of lawfare to deny the target adequate legal representation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No he can't keep his mouth shut when needed. Because he has had lawyers who have left at different times, I believe that he is having a difficult time forming a solid legal team, but I also hold some skepticism because the article is from "Rolling Stone'.

Well, the fact that he's had a lot of lawyers withdraw from cases is public record, and he admitted in his book that he stiffs, or "bargains down" his lawyers.

Maybe the best evidence is that he's a billionaire, yet his personal lawyer was a sleazy dude like Michael Cohen.  He either thought Cohen was great, or Cohen was the best he could do, but either way, it is very much a comment on Trump himself.

Offline Kamaji

Well, the fact that he's had a lot of lawyers withdraw from cases is public record, and he admitted in his book that he stiffs, or "bargains down" his lawyers.

Maybe the best evidence is that he's a billionaire, yet his personal lawyer was a sleazy dude like Michael Cohen.  He either thought Cohen was great, or Cohen was the best he could do, but either way, it is very much a comment on Trump himself.

:thumbsup: